Manix 2 Titanium cage

So these are available now. I ordered 2 today. Can’t wait to try them out and see how the work. I will post pics when I have them.

This was in an email they sent out a few days ago. I have a silver ti due to deliver Monday. I do have a slight concern with long term use though, Ti against steel could equal galling. Not sure if it will be an issue here though.

Il71E6T.jpg

Got mine this morning, fit & finish is well done, no issues putting it in, only perceptible difference to me is the Ti is slightly grippier. Not unhappy with it, I kind of expected very little difference in the movement. More or less a solution to a problem that didn't exist, definitely cooler then the black plastic, $40 cooler, that is probably the best question to ask yourself!

CAOWHxb.jpg

vcGrhED.jpg

uwo2rVx.jpg

So I got my two titanium cages in. They feel really good. The jumping is more aggressive than the stock one. I also noticed they are both a little gritty but I suspect this will smooth out. It almost feels like it’s the ball is turning inside the cage while it closes that causes the gritty feel. Over all I am happy with they way they look and feel.
1AB21653-387A-4541-98C6-BED55D65BB4C.jpeg

My M4 Manix2 has the clear plastic one. I know Spyderco will replace it if there's a problem; but I might grab one of these.

So I got my two titanium cages in. They feel really good. The jumping is more aggressive than the stock one. I also noticed they are both a little gritty but I suspect this will smooth out. It almost feels like it’s the ball is turning inside the cage while it closes that causes the gritty feel. Over all I am happy with they way they look and feel.
View attachment 1162428

Wow! Those are the two best looking manix I have ever seen! Good work!

Got mine this morning, well made and i was interested in how they did the spring pin .
Mine is going in the box as a backup. If and when the stock one brakes . Then i will switch it out and i hope that is never !

Jake

All three got ceramic bearings now, too. Interestingly, the new cage/bearing fixed the XL (s90v) lock-stick that I couldn't fix before. And the cage is more accessible, which was a problem with the fat Cuscadi scales before.

i-6Fdks7h-X3.jpg

Back