Review Manly Folders: Comrade, Peak, Wasp. Fixed Blades: Patriot and Drugar, Made in Bulgaria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Danzo (aka Lawmandan) has introduced me to his two Peak in D2, I'm ordering the S90V version to review it.
I have contacted them in Bulgaria are their ordering form doesn't seem to work today.
Looking forward testing this beauty !!

Have a nice Sunday and thank you Gary for the reviews !!

Last edited:
You are very welcome, and the Peak works great on food as well, plus having a strong edge bevel it whittles wood nicely too.
G2

Thanks, the food part is more of the eating utensil and not food prep, the curve at the tip works well, just used it cutting up my Chinese chicken and broccoli tonight. :)
G2

Maybe we can do a forum knife for us here,what do you all think about that,I really like the brown g10 /cpm154 or s90v-but I'm open

So far this week it has handled all tasks thrown at it without any issue. Its certainly big enough to catch some folks off guard, any idea if a 3in folder is in consideration? Regardless I'm impressed, please keep up the good work.

q9ZAP7a.jpg

We organized a Christmas giveaway for a custom made knife for a Eagle scout, Scoutmaster or Den leader. Since threads in the giveaway/contest forum can only be seen by paying members, please post in it entries for Eagle scouts, Masters and Leaders, especially former military members. The original giveaway was for a single knife, however we can do an additional one. Thanks you and Merry Christmas!

Hello,

The 14th of December, I have ordered a black Peak in S90V and planning to buy two Orange Peak in D2 for Xmas...

But there is no communication or feedback with the Bulgarian headquarters, prior or after my ifrst order and I wonder how it went ?
I have even tried in Bulgarian (thanks to Google translate....)

Is it normal ?
Gary or Lyubomir do you got any way to help me ?

Thank you !!

Cheers
JM

Hello,

The 14th of December, I have ordered a black Peak in S90V and planning to buy two Orange Peak in D2 for Xmas...

But there is no communication or feedback with the Bulgarian headquarters, prior or after my ifrst order and I wonder how it went ?

Is it normal ?

Thank you !!

Cheers
JM
Nemo,
I just message our shop in Bulgaria and also forwarded your message to them. As far as I know the main dealer/distributor for Europe is Boker.
The online store on Manly-bg is for Bulgarian order only.
As soon as I hear back from the them I will let you know.
Thanks,
Lubo

Hello,

Is it normal ?

Thank you !!

Cheers
JM
I ordered a Comrade from the Manly website last month. As I recall, the package was mailed to the UK from Sofia, not Germany. (Might be misremembering!) I didn’t have a shipping notification, but they responded promptly to an email, and the knife took about a week to arrive. It won’t be the last Manly I’ll buy. I really like their traditional offerings, and the Patriot.

Hello,

Is it normal ?

Thank you !!

Cheers
JM

Hi Nemo, I see Lubo has replied and hope that you are taken care of, I am not affiliated with them, but just an admirer. :)

G2

Nemo,
I just message our shop in Bulgaria and also forwarded your message to them. As far as I know the main dealer/distributor for Europe is Boker.
The online store on Manly-bg is for Bulgarian order only.
As soon as I hear back from the them I will let you know.
Thanks,
Lubo

Hello Lubo,

everything is in order as you can notice. :) Thank you !!

I got one question though. As the opening hole is oval and not rounded does it means, like I suppose, it is not licensed to Golden ?
I know oval holes to have been used by Benchmade on their BM806, the axis version of the AFCK, just for the seek of knowing. :)
The Manly Peak is a great knife and I will soon order another !! (My fourth Peak and my fifth knife !!)

Best regards
Nemo

Nice Nemo, one day I will try out that folder too

G2

Last edited:
Hi Lyubo - thank you for the answer - actually, I am a Bulgarian, if some "scrap" occurs - I mean if a thickness below that happens on a knife, I am willing to take it! Regards!

Nemo thanks for the wonderful review. You should try Peak 2, for me its a totally different knife than Peak.
Cheers and enjoy your blade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back