Review Manly Folders: Comrade, Peak, Wasp. Fixed Blades: Patriot and Drugar, Made in Bulgaria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to on the edge thickness of the small version of slip-joint Comrade
G2

Curious to on the edge thickness of the small version of slip-joint Comrade
G2

If you haven't seen it yet:

Manly Wasp

Technical Specs:

Overall Length: 6.05" (165mm)
Blade Thickness: 0.110" (2.8mm)
Edge Thickness: 0.012" (0.3mm)
Blade Length: 2.8" (70mm)
Steel: CPM S90V
Sharpening Angle: 15deg
Weight: 2.95oz (83g)
Handle: 3D-Milled G-10
Handle Color: Black, Orange and Camo

Small knives are handy knives and with that steel and thin edge, it must cut exceptionally well !
G2

I almost bought one, but the black color was sold out! Overall it was very well received in Bulgaria (At least judging from the forums and inital sales).

Here is a picture I stole from our forum:

29789957_1751288064917125_6214877106877840035_n.jpg

Disclaimer: I do not work for Manly or any Bulgarian knife making company. Feel free to message me for translations or anything really.

Welcome to our forum and thanks for the photo!
G2

But no sign of them on the Bulgarian website! o_O

http://manly-bg.com/catalog/0_category.html

Please don’t tell me European customers have to order from the USA... :(:mad:

I wouldn't worry too much :)

They are not available on the website, but still made their way to the Bulgarian market. Right now we are celebrating Easter and my guess is the website will be updated in a few days.

As a side note, this knife screams UK legal, it would be a waste not to sell it in Europe.

I wouldn't worry too much :)

They are not available on the website, but still made their way to the Bulgarian market. Right now we are celebrating Easter and my guess is the website will be updated in a few days.

As a side note, this knife screams UK legal, it would be a waste not to sell it in Europe.
:)

Great news! And yes, the UK will love this, myself included. The Manly Comrade is a superb knife, but not legal to carry unless doing outdoors activities etc. Happy Easter to all at Manly Knives.

Update:

Manly Wasp is 0.3mm behind the edge.
Manly Drugar is 0.4mm behind the edge (A nice surprise).

My calipers aren't amazing, but the measurements should be somewhat close to reality. Both came with a very good factory edge and generally even grind.

Wasp

+ Very thin blade, cuts amazing.
+ Perfect centering (Yes, I know it's a slipjoint).
+ Deep pocket clip is just right. Good balance between tension and not destroying your pants.
+ A lot easier to open then a Comrade! Not sure if it's intentional, but the first stop is very light, so you can easily pinch the blade. The stops get progressively stronger as you open the knife (4 in total).

- The pivot screw looks a bit scratched.

Drugar

+ Again, a very nice and surprisingly thin grind on the blade.
+ Well placed jimping on top and bottom. A bit coarse for my taste, but I've had worse.
+ Full tang that sticks out the back so you can scrape stuff etc.
+ Good handle shape with a bit of a swell. Perfect line up between the G10 and tang.
+ The sheath has a simple and functional belt attachment.
+ The sheath provides excelent retention and does not rattle at all.

- The back end of the tang has sharp edges and in an "ice pick" hold your thumb sure feels them.
- The sheath scratches the blade a bit (I know, Kydex).
- The sheath doesn't have a drain hole.
- The sheath doesn't click to provide feedback that the knife is in secured.

Still haven't really used the knives, so that's pretty much it.

Last edited:
That is fairly thin edged, sounds like a great small folder right there.
Thanks for the details !
G2

It really is, I can't think of anything to criticize. I sold my Comrade, but the Wasp feels like a big improvement.

You're welcome, I'll try to answer any questions you guys might have. It seems the knife still hasn't been added to the EU website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back