Review Manly Folders: Comrade, Peak, Wasp. Fixed Blades: Patriot and Drugar, Made in Bulgaria

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CPM S90V version was a sprint run piece for a Bulgarian blade forum. It will not appear as a standard offering.

Apart from that - the S90V version is an extremely aggressive and long-lasting cutter, it also has thinned down cutting edge (0.014 - 0.015) - as far as I remember it did around 400 cuts on 3/4-inch manila rope before it started tearing paper.

https://scontent.fsof2-1.fna.fbcdn....=03b239a50ef49d004bb83b85b2af74be&oe=5A707674

Thanks, that Brown handle version was a special run for that forum, but the S90v blades will be a regular model that they will have for sale
G2

Once again thank you for taking your time to post.
I always enjoy reading your reviews and well laid out posts.

You’re most welcome, one thing I like is the lower point, works well
G2

They will be available very soon!
I’m hoping to get one of the S90v version to compare the two
And thanks glad you like the photos too, my second passion in life.
G2

Hey congrats on you guys getting a dealer. Even though we do have one over here in Germany ever since some time, it is sometimes easier to order directly from manly.
Now you guys won't have to go the long way and instead can get national shipping.

That's the intent, we'll see how it goes!

Today I cold forged out a lanyard ring from a piece of copper wire, not the prettiest thing in the world, but she works and it makes it handy to retrieve my folder from the pocket, just replaced the fill in tab that came with it and put this on and attached my bob tailed fob, which has a new bead, a rune that means Jera Earth/Right Action, I just think they look cool to dress up a fob :)

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Makes it handier to draw the knife out, hooking my pinky around the bottom diamond knot.
The formed loop puts the lanyard about center of the handle, so it doesn’t make the handle any thicker.

G2

Last edited:
Hello everyone, my name is Lubo and I am with Manly USA. First of all I want to say a big thank you to Gary for the awesome shoots and honest review of our knives. Soon we are expecting a restock of our Patriot and Peak series of knives in various steel options.
As Gary just mentioned coming in November we will start to offer walnut handle D2 Patriot and our "Crown Jewel" CPM154 Ironwood Patriot.
For more details check ManlyUSA.com or follow our social media page on Facebook @ ManlyUSA.

You’re welcome Lubo, they are very nice knives

And welcome to Bladeforums!
G2

Last edited:
Thanks, now I have another knife I will have to buy. $120 for S90V? I mean yeah, but dude I can't keep spending money.

I have no response to that......:)

But yep! Grab one when you can and even their CPM154 has a pretty good heat treat, mine has a very good edge on it!
G2

I will try to stop providing a means for you to spend your dollars on steel, but, I can not promise what you will or will not view, so, I guess I have to take back what I said ;)
Using the Peak today at work was very handy, cuts well, handles well, all around a solid folder and you are right about this steel, it's pretty good and keeping it's edge nicely!

G2

Nice Lubo, how is the character in the ironwood?

And looks like the S90v ones are gone already

G2

Gary,
The Ironwood Patriot looks and feels as premium knife. Currently in stock we have Patriot and Peak in D2, Patriot in CPM154 and Peak in S90V.
The Peak 2 Hand S90V version will be in stock soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back