Review Manly Folders: Comrade, Peak, Wasp. Fixed Blades: Patriot and Drugar, Made in Bulgaria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heinnie is very good. Although in some cases their prices have made me look for other sources. I bought my Spyderco Squeak from Amazon for a bit of a saving and my Gerber MP600 Bladeless multitool from FFX or FXX or some place online and it was way cheaper AND came with the sheath, whereas heinnie's one does not come with a sheath and is more expensive. But on the whole I love Heinnie they have great product choice and their service is very reliable. Always helpful. I always recommend Heinnie to people.

The more I carry these Wasps the more I like them.
1pCNgNT.jpg

Love these things. I've had a couple of Comrades for a while and when I saw the Wasp grabbed one immediately .. then saw the Comrade in S90V ... so you can guess what happened there .... then I saw the Peak :lol: Well, the Peak will have to wait a little bit. But, these things are just right up my street, you know.

I am addicted to the Wasp's S90V steel (600 grit free-hand sharpened and stropped to finalise de-burr). I have carved chunks from tree limbs to enable me to bend and snap them, cut several boxes up in a gratuitous fashion. It still cuts paper flawlessly. Sure it does not shave but I have come to understand this as normal for the steel. I am very impressed and I love it. I do miss the razor edge but come on... my non-super steels would be blunted enough after that amount of cutting and similarly not shave hair either so I cannot really complain :D

I worry this knife will cost me more in the long run trying to find other S90V+ steel knives in the future. Unfortunately this is THE ONLY UK legal folder which has a supersteel that is actually just inside my price range. So far. I would be open to another Manly UK legal folder that has a similarly long long long lasting edge steel.

My Wasp arrived yesterday. A little work with the Sharpmaker at 15° removed the micro striations on the bevel. The blade slices extremely well reflecting the .010 thickness behind the edge. I'm delighted with the knife and intend to carry it daily.

I just ordered a Wasp in S90V and a Peak in D2. From Manly Canada (Actually shipping from Canada) no less!

My 6 year old daughter insisted she got to pick the scale colours and went with camo on both against my wish for at least one Orange knife...

Am I gonna be happy with these knives? Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley didnt help me keep my $$$ in my wallet in any case. :p

Anyone have both in use for a while?

I believe you will be happy with both, but, from past experience for myself, when I have two knives inbound, it's a hard to keep that excitement up as you are torn between two knives and for me, one loses favour quickly and usually gets sold ;)

I had loaned out my Wasp and she just flew back home today, a little less keen than when she left but a very short time on my stones and I was reminded just how nice this cuts, and she is back in my left hip pocket so all is right again.

The Peak I have I really like as well, the longer blade works well on food with the slight curve at the tip, solid knives both.

G2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back