Review Manly Folders: Comrade, Peak, Wasp. Fixed Blades: Patriot and Drugar, Made in Bulgaria

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point I want to pick up an S90v Peak as well, I like the full flat grind they do and the edge thickness they provide, great slicing type blades, at least on the Wasp I have, simply amazing :)
G2

Manly sold me on the Comrade, then the Wasp and the Patriot is the only knife on my wish list for next year.
They can be habit forming :D

Last edited:
Get the Drugar, it’s very good
G2

I thought about the Drugar but for a long time now my main fixed has been the Kabar Mark I. That won't change.
That's a 5.5" blade and I'm looking for something smaller and lighter, the Patriot seems to fit that.
At least that's my reasoning.

Size considerations are important,
for me I found the handle contour and blade shape works better for me, but that’s why there’s choices. ;)
G2

On the Wasp folder, I recently removed the clip as it is small enough to carry in the watch pocket and without the clip it has a completely different feeling in use, I like it without the clip quite a bit.
So those that have the Wasp you might want to see/feel the difference without the clip attached.

Wicked cutter either way !
G2

It does make a difference in the feel of it, maybe eventually Manly will sell spacers.
I removed my clip about a month back as an experiment and haven't put it back on. I made a new spacer to fill the gap where the clip was. I carry it in a small benchmade sheath, so I wasn't using the clip.
Does that make it a traditional now? :D :rolleyes:
wEAowc6.jpg

It does make a difference in the feel of it, maybe eventually Manly will sell spacers.
I removed my clip about a month back as an experiment and haven't put it back on. I made a new spacer to fill the gap where the clip was. I carry it in a small benchmade sheath, so I wasn't using the clip.
Does that make it a traditional now? :D :rolleyes:
wEAowc6.jpg

Provide me with your shipping address and I will send you a filler plate. We did send them per request to our customers.

I have a Manly Wasp in S90V and this is the sharpest knife from a factory are any custom for that matter! I am thinking bout a Wasp in 12C27 for ease of sharpening. Read about Manley hear and became aware of this fine knife Co.

RKH

Any Drugar users? I would like to hear your thoughts on this model.

Manly Bulgaria site ...yes it’s there.....Manly USA, I’ve only seen it offered once on that site

I recently read on Instagram that the Wasp has undergone some small changes, mainly that the blade will sit a little lower into the handle, making less chance of snagging something on the tip and razor edge.

I had noticed that mine had the tip almost flush or even slightly above the scales, after I had sharpened her up. So in order to 'fix' mine I took some of my sharpening stones and stoned down the spine of the blade near the tip, bring the tip down below the tops of the scales, which is fine with me as I prefer a lower point anyways and it did not really shorten the blade much at all.

So, if any of you guys/gals happen to notice the tip being up high, that is one option to get that down to a safer location. This is not a phenomenon with just the Wasp or Manly knives, I've done similar things to several Case folders and a GEC or two, on those I either did the spine, or sanded the kick slightly. Main point is, in always keep checking to see if you have done enough to suit your needs. I ended up using some high grit stones so the spine of the blade looks as neatly made as the day it was new.

G2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back