Photos Manly Knives City

Pictures of my recently received Manly City in S90V.
3D contoured handles are very comfortable.
Grind is thin.

HIyUUgR.jpg

lxhC9LC.jpg

jF15Cwr.jpg

Another tasteful, well proportioned offering from the Bulgarian crew. Very nice. I’ll wait until more scale options are available. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

EDIT: just had a look at the Sofia store. I’ll take the black ‘n’ red, cheers!

I really like the look of this one, been wanting to try a manly product, but they are always sold out when I am ready to buy one.

I would like to know where to purchase in the USA as well since the Manly USA branch closed.

Maybe you will have to ship from Sofia right now? The world is in pandemonium. :oops:

It appears that Boker has bought Manly Knives, or they are the USA distributor now.

There is a knife site that carries it, just do a search and you should find them at their site. Not sure if they are a supporter so will not name the place.

There is a knife site that carries it, just do a search and you should find them at their site. Not sure if they are a supporter so will not name the place. My Manly are good stout users, good fit and finish for using knives.

That is a good looking knife! Good review!

I went to the Manly Bulgaria website and found that they have 20% off right now, so I ordered one!

I like the 5 Manly knives that I have now and look forward to getting a new one! We will see how long it takes to get here from Bulgaria.

Oh yes, I have used that 20% voucher too. It has been a long wait but Manly has made a Gem but they are really fast at posting it.
Also you got a tracking number. It usually goes through Germany with DHL.

You won't be disappointed I think: the City is proposing the best ergonomy with their 3D G10 version. You will found their famous thin grind. Oh, there is so much cutting power in this compact tool. Mine bites in dry wood like it was starving.
Nothing is cheap in the City, it is well known. ;-) It is a bargain but it is not cheap. It is a knife which would have been cherished by our fathers and grandfathers.

I think you will love it. It is a notch higher than their other folders IMHO. Manly are really getting "that" better. ;-)

As much as I love the Peak. The City is in another league.
Being a huge fan of the Peak since its release. (Many good friends has been spoiled with them for B-day and Xmas)

But the City got that WOW factor which I was craving for for quite a long time.
It is changing my paradigme about knives through and through.
The first thing is: geometry and ergos are kings.
Then, a backlock got ZERO vertical play.
And last but not the least I have not to bleed my wallet for getting a high quality sharp companion.

I'm so tired of the now uncommon 300 dollars/euros for any Super Steel folder. Manly is just quenching this thirst: under the radar excellence in the pocket and big grin when using it.

IMHO the CIty is a game changer. :) But that's just me.
But try it and we will chat about it.

155985116_10158594805340958_603674477680944775_o.jpg

Last edited:
I just placed my order for the city knife. I went for the 3D version in red and black and S90V. Never ordered anything direct from Bulgaria before. If it is as nice as it is reported to be, it won't be my last purchase from them.

I received my Manly City a while ago. I like it, but mine was extremely tight and gritty. I loosened the pivot which helped, but I have opened and closed it a couple of hundred times and it is finally starting to be smooth. But, it seems that the locking bar is grinding on the tang. I have yet to take it apart to find out what is causing the problem.

I am disappointed in Manly customer service, though. It took two-three weeks to even ship the knife. The German postal service was pretty quick getting it here. But, my greatest disappointment was a simple request to have contoured scales instead of flat scales. A couple of days after I placed the order I realized that I had ordered the flat scale version of black and red S90V. I had wanted the contoured scales. I sent them an email to get the right one and they responded that they would take care of it, no problem! I offered to pay the difference. It arrived after a long wait and it was a flat scale! I sent them an email expressing my disappointment and have never heard from them again.

As it stands, I will not order another knife from Manly in Bulgaria. Ultimately, it was my fault for not paying attention, but I feel that they promised to take care of it and they did not.

Back