• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mantis - Gone

Hey guys,

I'm putting my Oeser Mantis Slipjoint up for sale. It’s an amazing little knife! But it’s a little too small, to make it into my EDC rotation, so need to let it go

1 - IMG_8011.JPG

I’m looking to get gone shipped (Canada or CONUS).

Not really looking for trades
at the moment, there are probably a few exceptions though for specific knives I'm actively looking for (see the bottom of the post for a list of those).

Full image/video gallery: https://imgur.com/a/wlpWszC

IMG_8017.JPG

Info:
  • This model was just released by Jared a month or so ago. It's one of six, he has made so far
  • It’s based off of his previous Mantis model, however the size and locking mechanism is different
    • The original was a little bit larger and was a button lock
    • This smaller updated version, is a double detent slipjoint. Essentially, it locks up the same way as a normal slip joint, but it’s also a flipper. I believe Richard Rogers also uses this type of mechanism (on the symmetry, I think)

5 - IMG_8015 copy.JPG

Specs:
- it’s around 3 3/4” closed and the blade is a little over 2.5” long (feel free to let me know, if you need more precise measurements)
- It’s got a beautiful hand satin finished blade
- The scales are blue richlite over grey and black G-10
- The backspacer is also black & grey
- It’s got a nice snappy flipping action

Condition:
It's in new condition, the same as when I received it from Jared (via lotto). I haven’t used, or carried it, just flipped it a little bit. It includes everything it originally came with: box, COA, hank, leather knife slip.

IMG_8016.JPG

IMG_8019.JPG

Trade Exceptions:
  • Carter & NCC - collab BBM
  • JI Knives - Joule or Volt
  • Some knives from the following makers:
    • CMF Metalworks (newer stuff)
    • Maskas
    • Rob Carter
    • Efros (newer stuff)
    • Sharknivco
    • Southard (Hanan, Eims, Ollie, Flippin Tanto)
    • Oeser (nebo thumbstud, tengu thumb-disk, tachi flipper or thumb disk)

Thanks very much for taking a look! Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you're interested in buying it!

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks very much for your interest! Yes it is available. Feel free to shoot me a message, if you have any questions, or want to discuss specifics

Thanks!

Connor

Back