March 2019 Buck of the Month - Released

Tecate

Gold Member
293 Inertia 154CM Cerakote Steel
0293RDSBOTM-B.jpg

0293RDSBOTM-B_1.jpg

I was actually looking at an inertia this week.
This knife is in a price point I can afford so I bought it.

Pretty cool knife! I'd buy it but I'm not a fan of assisted opening for the most part. 80 bucks is pretty reasonable though.

I have a couple paradigms and a tempest which I do not use. Can't say that I am a huge fan of assisted knives but will give this one a shot.

already have a few of this model. rarely carry them. gonna pass. good luck to those who grab 'em. remember to post pics for us.........

So I got my BOTM knife in.
Let's just say less than impressed with the lack of quality control.
There is something definitely wrong with an assisted blade knife that doesn't snap open with the flick of your finger.
This thing is binding and will even stop at 3/4 way open .
I used some marvel mystery oil on the pivot and it's better but not great. I compared it next to a Buck tempest. Definitely a difference in the two.
Overall I would be happy with the knife if it open correctly out of the box. I mean come on these are limited edition knives. You would think they would pay extra attention at making them right before shipping them out.
Normally I would not even say anything I would just take it apart. I had to with a Paradigm Pro I had and clean it up and lube it.
But Buck has a special fastener for this pivot looks like you would need some sort of spanner . I am not looking to scratch the knife . So I will periodically just work some oil into and flick it a bunch of times hoping to free it up.
And before people start flaming on me . I know Buck would make it right if I sent it back. That's not the point and having to send back a knife and pay for shipping on something that should have never been shipped in the first place is adding insult to injury.
End rant.

There is something definitely wrong with an assisted blade knife that doesn't snap open with the flick of your finger.
I used some marvel mystery oil on the pivot and it's better but not great. I compared it next to a Buck tempest. Definitely a difference in the two.
Overall I would be happy with the knife if it open correctly out of the box. I mean come on these are limited edition knives. You would think they would pay extra attention at making them right before shipping them out.
Normally I would not even say anything I would just take it apart. I had to with a Paradigm Pro I had and clean it up and lube it.
But Buck has a special fastener for this pivot looks like you would need some sort of spanner . I am not looking to scratch the knife . So I will periodically just work some oil into and flick it a bunch of times hoping to free it up.
And before people start flaming on me . I know Buck would make it right if I sent it back. That's not the point and having to send back a knife and pay for shipping on something that should have never been shipped in the first place is adding insult to injury.
End rant.
Opening is a little slow, Mine does fire everytime though. I was going to flush with WD40 then oil the pivot. just haven't done it yet. No complaints, knife works fine, Lock up is good. action is medium. I didnt get the Botm version either. I like the OD green and the Black S30V blade. Basically the same model.

End rant.

Yeah, I have attempted to loosen the pivot on my 293 and it was difficult and there was some marring. I had to send it back anyway. Good knife though. Buck did fix it nicely. I want to send you a mailing label...

I was actually looking at an inertia this week.
This knife is in a price point I can afford so I bought it.

I ordered one as well, the COA says 1 of 225 but doesnt look like there is room for 3 digits for consecutive numbering. I was wondering if yours said the same or are they individual numbered? Thanks

Is the OD S30V version only at their store? I think that one looks better than the BOTM one

Back