• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

"MARCO POLO" Re-post/price drop

Hi good people,reposting this one with a price drop,it needs a new home(I've been looking at it for long enough while making it /about a month) ,now asking $1800 (OBO), I'm open to offers,hit me up,maybe we can work something out,it's gotta go ;)
Original post:
It's been a couple of years or more since I'd put one up here,so lets do some catch up with this one ;)
Although it's not cast in stone,for now I've named it "Marco Polo" which (in my mind) seems to fit it the best,had couple of other names in mind,like "Traveller" or " Nautical" ,but eventually figured that the Marco Polo goes best with the overall theme of a side piece of a wealthy ancient traveller through far lands,influenced by all the different cultures
As you can see,it's one of those "East meets West" ...while going North coming from South LOL...starting with the Bolo inspired blade,through the western habaki,sepoa,tsuba and fuchi,and then onto western style gunstock style handle....it's definitely dfferent,even for me LOL...but I hope that's a good thing
Anyway,here are the specs:
O/A 343mm(13 1/2")
Blade : 215mm (8 1/2")
The blade has been hand forged by me from a Roman Privrel Damascus stock (BOHLER steel),the rest is Bronze,mild steel, Koa handle...and plenty of Mother of Pearl and Paua Abalone shell inlays(cut from the actual shell,not the synthetic stuff ) and as well as couple of buffalo horn inlays...actually,the whole construction is more than meets the eye at first look, EVERYthing is inlayed/countersunk into something else...I know,I know,could've just stuck them all up...but then where would be the fun in that,right? LOL...But it also makes for more interesting construction ( I think) and perhaps also a good talking point,so there's that ...the (two part)Leather sheath is ambidextrous ,allowing for a quick swap from right hand carry to left ,also featuring hidden stitches so it more resembles wood (as seen on Japanese style Sayas) while still being leather,in the Western spirit,with python skin
As always,it's 100% handmade, original one of a kind (with no repeats guarantee ), sole author yours truly
It will come with a wooden,felt lined custom case and a Certificate of Authenticity
Hope you'll like ;)
Cheers
B
4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

I have only been on bladeforums for 7 or 8 years, but since the knife bug bit me, I have been to BLADE every year, and spent hours looking at knives online. This has to be in the top 3 most beautiful and elegant knives I have ever seen.

Back