Marine Field Use

My unit went to the field last weekend to provide security for a FARP (as well as a few other things) and I decided to bring along my Strider instead of the usual KaBar. Needless to say, all the Marines in my shop were impressed and wanted one of their own.

The knife saw extensive use. Who knows how many bushes, branches, and even a medium sized tree or two...or three (starting to have too much fun) we cut down to make fighting positions and provide camoflauge for our holes.

Great knife. Now if I can only get the Corps to issue them.

Good luck Mick. You might be able to pull it off with the Recon units. Id be pretty impressed if you could get Strider's issued for grunts. What would that do to your delivery time for custom work?

Shawn

Umm... I was just kidding about the issue part. I'd be happy if my unit could afford to give me a frame for my ALICE pack.

I was "issued" a KaBar once. I was the Company Honor Graduate at SOI/MCT and the Captain gave me an issue KBar made by...not sure who. It was in a clear plastic bag with a white piece of paper stuck on with some numbers and more numbers.

Anyways, I opened it up and what a piece of sh.t!!! This wasn't one made by KBAR with the brown leather wrap handles. This thing was all black w/poorly wrapped leather handles and a sheath I wouldn't wipe my a.. on. Semper Fi and keep up the great knives.

Back