Maringer Vorpals

Don't have many of Tom's knives, but love the one that I have managed to collect.
They need to be seen in the hand to appreciate the sheer artistry and simplicity.
Apologies for the rubbish picture of the tantos, promise to take some decent ones.
PB300226.jpg
IMG-1346.jpg
2017-02-22-10-45-15.jpg
2017-05-12-01-47-39.jpg
2017-05-12-01-50-50.jpg
2017-05-26-00-49-53.jpg
6.jpg

I love Tom's work and was very pleased when two of these turned out to be consecutive numbers.
The weird thing is that according the the archived list, the two smaller ones (#531 and #695) are both 6" blades, but they definitely aren't the same length.
I was told one was "non catalogue", but how was never explained, and it doesn't mention it in the archive.

Exceptional line up.

I don't know that I can say I've ever seen any other pics of his knives, let alone a collection like this.

I have seen recreations by Tendick (I believe he had permission to make his versions using the patterns).

Drool!
I have a passing acquaintance with his daughter, apparently he switched from making knives to minting art coins many years ago - a true loss to us knife nuts!

Tom’s designs are so sleek yet look very ergonomic and comfortable to hold and maneuver. Are they as nice to use as they look?

Another nice shot…I’ve got a few but cannot post pictures with the Fourm software….all too large soooo…[…]

Back