Mark98?

Bkg

So I’ve searched the forum relentlessly and can’t seem to find anything. I trying to people opinions of the Mark98.

I don’t own one and really I would prefer a USA made folder but it does have a nice look to it on Ka-Bar’s website.

they're a budget flipper folder.
a little on the heavy side, not the latest/greatest steel.
they feel solid in hand, cut things, and are easy to sharpen, plus - you're right, the blade looks cool.
it was strongly influenced by the WW2 regrinds made after a soldier snapped the tip off their kabar and converted the remainder into a spear point.

Reactions: Bkg
they're a budget flipper folder.
a little on the heavy side, not the latest/greatest steel.
they feel solid in hand, cut things, and are easy to sharpen, plus - you're right, the blade looks cool.
it was strongly influenced by the WW2 regrinds made after a soldier snapped the tip off their kabar and converted the remainder into a spear point.
Thank you for the insight. I wish this was USA made and I would buy it yesterday

I bought this when it came out and have since graduated to other folders. I had checked it out again recently. This knife really doesn’t cut it for me anymore. It’s heavy and clunky, not in a good way.

If you want a budget folder that you can beat on, imho nothing beats an Ontario rat 2 (opt for a D2 blade). If you want an American made that’s slightly more expensive, go with a Kershaw dividend.

Reactions: Bkg
I bought this when it came out and have since graduated to other folders. I had checked it out again recently. This knife really doesn’t cut it for me anymore. It’s heavy and clunky, not in a good way.

If you want a budget folder that you can beat on, imho nothing beats an Ontario rat 2 (opt for a D2 blade). If you want an American made that’s slightly more expensive, go with a Kershaw dividend.
Thanks for the input. My edc folder for many years now has been Kershaw Blur drop point. I love this knife and have 2 plus the Rescue Blur with the blunt tip.

it just looks stout so I was thinking about it until I saw it was made in China

Thanks for the input. My edc folder for many years now has been Kershaw Blur drop point. I love this knife and have 2 plus the Rescue Blur with the blunt tip.

it just looks stout so I was thinking about it until I saw it was made in China
The Blur is very good, so is the Link. I prefer the Bareknuckle and the Dividend. The 98 isn’t in the same class as any of them.

Oh, another quality budget folder is the KA-BAR Dozier. :thumbsup:

Back