Markesharp Custom Cutlery Photos

Thank You all for your kind words and Inspiration! I so much appreciate you all! :)

I just received a couple Patterns from Tony Bose, thank you Tony, and will be making them in 1095 which most custom knife makers don't offer. I like patina and for now that's what I'm sticking with. I will make some CPM 154 knives with stainless bolsters, liners and shields in the near future but I like 1095 the best.

Here are a few of my latest Fishbone Barlows that I made.

Thank You to all who have supported me and have driven me to make a better knife one at a time

IMG_0174_zpsm40ctw5z.jpg

IMG_0165_zpszw5bhfab.jpg

IMG_0149_zpsnqeh4inj.jpg

IMG_0140_zpsejndx5rf.jpg

IMG_0134_zpsoresblpv.jpg

IMG_0129_zpsoqsj07lv.jpg

IMG_0117_zps4kkm9kz6.jpg

IMG_0065_zps8ecdnlqj.jpg

Thanks again,
Mark

All very nice Marko. That top one is exquisite though! :thumbup: Just like the old Case Appaloosa Bone. :cool:

Let me start with this: "I love seeing good things happen to good people". And good things are happening for one of our own...Mark aka Markesharp:thumbup:

Mark has been his toughest critic, telling me his f&f isn't where he wants it to be. He's related his frustrations throughout his whole knife making venture. He kept scratching his head and trying different things, scrapping many a projects because it wasn't to the standards he set for himself.

I love Mark, his drive, his evolving talent, his generosity, I not only consider him a friend but a brother. So today a package arrived with two fixed and two folders inside. Mark told me a few weeks back his f&f issues where on the mend with a jig he recently built. And mend he did. Flush in all three positions was a goal of his and BAM! he nailed it:thumbup:

I bought his recent stag shadow Jack, along with a red stag and copper pocket fixed blade fish barlow. Flush in all three positions and a ROCK solid and centered blade!!! I love both blades my friend!!!

Along with my knives where Duncan's special orders, a stag fixed blade and folder fish barlow. WONDERFUL knives:cool:

Marks barlows are beefier than they appear in pictures. They are solid carbon steel work knives my fellow forum members, SOLID!!!

His swedges/swages have always been stellar in my book but are even progressing with each knife he makes. Am I biased? Yep, I am, will I constructively criticize when asked​? yep and Ill give praise when earned as well. This four knives are most impressive Mark and I thank you as it's been a pleasure watching your evolution:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

If you ask Mark if there's room to grow, I'm pretty sure his answer is yes as that's his way. You make a very fine knife Mark and I am proud to carry them.

Pictures of mine and Duncan's recent arrivals.

Duncan's

9jJEXZ.jpg

Mine

p73j0D.jpg

EdDIMO.jpg

IyIZWq.jpg

bXZYfi.jpg

NGSF9z.jpg

NmDfGo.jpg

5UoRyM.jpg

epWarW.jpg

2rHIxJ.jpg

XFzJ3p.jpg

Thanks Mark!!!

Paul, it looks like both you and Duncan will be very happy with those. All four are real nice but the shadow and the fixed blade perfectly suit my taste and are superb indeed! Nice work Mark!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Holy smokes :eek: Great photographs Paul! Sensational Mark :thumbup::thumbup: Man o man o man...I can see Duncan getting all giddy right about now :D:D

Wahoo! Gev my friend Giddy is perfectly described- Mark!!! You have done very very well my friend.
Those four knives are something else! You have indeed up'd the anti- and your knives were awesome from the start!!!:eek:

What a way to start the day! Mark THANK YOU my friend- I am more than stoked about my knives.

Paul- your knives look amazing- not as good as mine of course- but this was stipulated in my order to Mark :D

Edit.
After calming down a wee bit- reading Pauls wonderful op - I must say that Paul that was a wonderfully worded post to Mark. Heartfelt- honest - descriptive. Thank you for those kind words about Mark and most thoroughly deserved in my opinion.
Can't wait to handle these knives.
Thank you again Paul and Mark.

Last edited:
Boy, those sure are nice! I can see that Mark's work is htting a new high.

Great stuff!

Big fan of Marks custom knives[emoji380] The red stag works so well with the copper bolsters. Very fine work[emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paul, it looks like both you and Duncan will be very happy with those. All four are real nice but the shadow and the fixed blade perfectly suit my taste and are superb indeed! Nice work Mark!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Holy smokes :eek: Great photographs Paul! Sensational Mark :thumbup::thumbup: Man o man o man...I can see Duncan getting all giddy right about now :D:D

Very nice, Mark, Duncan & Paul :thumbup:

Wahoo! Gev my friend Giddy is perfectly described- Mark!!! You have done very very well my friend.
Those four knives are something else! You have indeed up'd the anti- and your knives were awesome from the start!!!:eek:

What a way to start the day! Mark THANK YOU my friend- I am more than stoked about my knives.

Paul- your knives look amazing- not as good as mine of course- but this was stipulated in my order to Mark :D

Edit.
After calming down a wee bit- reading Pauls wonderful op - I must say that Paul that was a wonderfully worded post to Mark. Heartfelt- honest - descriptive. Thank you for those kind words about Mark and most thoroughly deserved in my opinion.
Can't wait to handle these knives.
Thank you again Paul and Mark.

Boy, those sure are nice! I can see that Mark's work is htting a new high.

Great stuff!

Awesome knives. You are very lucky.

Mike

Big fan of Marks custom knives[emoji380] The red stag works so well with the copper bolsters. Very fine work[emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks James, GEV, Jake, Duncan, Glenn, Mike and Steve, Mark is upping his game and it's a pleasure to see. His fixed blade fish barlow is so nice size wise. It's a smaller fixed allowing for a very comfortable back pocket carry. I use a KSF sheath that is ideal.

His fish folder is a robust knife compared to other barlows due to it's slightly taller profile and feels so good in hand:thumbup:

Wow, I love that shadow Jack and that stag is just to die for. Well done sir!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thank You all for your kind words and Inspiration! I so much appreciate you all! :)

I just received a couple Patterns from Tony Bose, thank you Tony, and will be making them in 1095 which most custom knife makers don't offer. I like patina and for now that's what I'm sticking with. I will make some CPM 154 knives with stainless bolsters, liners and shields in the near future but I like 1095 the best.

Here are a few of my latest Fishbone Barlows that I made.

Thank You to all who have supported me and have driven me to make a better knife one at a time

IMG_0174_zpsm40ctw5z.jpg

IMG_0165_zpszw5bhfab.jpg

IMG_0149_zpsnqeh4inj.jpg

IMG_0140_zpsejndx5rf.jpg

IMG_0134_zpsoresblpv.jpg

IMG_0129_zpsoqsj07lv.jpg

IMG_0117_zps4kkm9kz6.jpg

IMG_0065_zps8ecdnlqj.jpg

Thanks again,
Mark
That sea green one is just fantastic

Thank you all for your kind words. They are much appreciated.
It seems it is time to make some knives in CPM 154 from based on the requests that I have received.
That is exactly what I needed to hear and again, Thank you all so much!

This one is 1095 with Desert Ironwood
IMG_0216_zpscefxkixa.jpg

I will be giving away a knife made by me on June 14th. What knife should make for this GAW?. I will start the build on Monday......

Thank You all!!

That one right there above this post in Desert Wood should be enough to create a stampede Mark!

My Knives are on my way to me as I type this, The North Dakota Post Office Master contacted me to let me know they are on the way- Your two Stunners are in there!!

Back