Marking on cleaver

Nope. I found the site that was first mentioned and found it much easier than what you recommended.

Well all that sure helped the OP answer her question didn't it?
Anybody know anything about the knife?
I would suggest to Carolyn Nutt Jackson-(cool name) that she use the report Triangle at bottom left of her post and ask a mod to move it to BR Levines knife ID sub forum.
Probably a lot more knowledge and less drama.
--KV

Thanks everyone, I was making it much harder than it was, just to let you know I was clicking on the pic above to download and putting the url there like it asked me to. Not here. Go figure.

Thanks everyone, I was making it much harder than it was, just to let you know I was clicking on the pic above to download and putting the url there like it asked me to. Not here.

Yep, I can see the pics now. I did a google image search and found nothing. I would have thought an image search of the bull would find some info.

I'm not into chef knives so I don't know. Sorry.

My thought on that cleaver mark is it may be newer. Marking it "carbon steel" doesn't seem like something they would do a long time ago when most cookware was made of carbon.

Have it moved to Levines sub-forum. Lot of knowledge there. The stamp looks like a water buffalo.
Yes they did mark old knives with "Carbon Steel"--KV

This was my mothers meat cleaver, she had it as long as I can remember and I'm fifty one and now mine. I'm just looking for some history on it if I can find it. Thanks for your help, I have asked to have it moved over to Levines sub-forum last night. Waiting to hear back that it has happened.

Back