Mass drop knives

I got my Falcon afew weeks ago. Pretty disappointed with it. So I didn't bother with the gent.

I'll offer a dissenting view. I've had my Falcon for a few weeks and have really enjoyed it. Make no mistake about it, it's a small knife. Smaller than probably many thought and for that it's drawn some criticism, but you can't deny the quality, fit and finish.

I did a short write up on my thoughts in another thread here https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/new-mass-drop-knife.1498688/page-6#post-17464531. Basically the only complaint I had is wishing it had been milled out to lighten the mass. It's a small knife so the weight is concentrated in a fairly small area. No big deal, just trying to find some constructive criticism for Falcon Part Deux. Overall I'd say the reception has been more than 80% positive.

I passed on the Massdrop Ferrum Forge Crux because it looked like a very common design but I was all in on the Gent.

I think Massdrop has come a long way in a very short time as a purveyor of interesting designs for knife enthusiasts. They have a great community and the guys running the drops really have an interest in EDC and bringing good values/products to market. I'm eager to see what they bring us next.

I ordered one and have a confirmation that's it's on it's way . But I have seen them and I'm very disappointed that mass drop decided to use the knife as advertising for them a huge mass drop logo on the blade :mad: looks terrible . When they advertised them they showed the side without the logo .

I ordered one and have a confirmation that's it's on it's way . But I have seen them and I'm very disappointed that mass drop decided to use the knife as advertising for them a huge mass drop logo on the blade :mad: looks terrible . When they advertised them they showed the side without the logo .

That's not true, they've had pictures of the knife with the logo on the blade since day 1 of the drop.

There's been quite a bit of discussion and requests for them to use the M logo instead of the full Massdrop name. I didn't love the idea of the logo but it's not as noticeable as it seemed it would be from the drop pics.

I got my Falcon a couple of weeks ago and have to say it's a fantastic knife, especially given the price. Fit and finish is top notch and flips great.

That's not true, they've had pictures of the knife with the logo on the blade since day 1 of the drop.

There's been quite a bit of discussion and requests for them to use the M logo instead of the full Massdrop name. I didn't love the idea of the logo but it's not as noticeable as it seemed it would be from the drop pics.

I got my Falcon a couple of weeks ago and have to say it's a fantastic knife, especially given the price. Fit and finish is top notch and flips great.

I mist that otherwise I would have not bough it . Anyway at that price point I jumped on it . That will be my first $50 plus China made Knife .

I just got shipping notification. I was not in the first Falcon delivery. I'll be posting my thoughts somewhere once I've played with it a bit.

I still haven't heard from anyone but it's only the first of the week. I just hope to hear something by Friday :D

Had mine for roughly a month, fit and finish are on par w/ other WE knives. Too flashy for something I'd ever carry, but I'm not disappointed at all with the final product. Certainly well worth the cost.
pYSdE9n_d.jpg

zxdMf06_d.jpg

It's not large, you won't even notice it and the gent model does not have a huge logo at all due to complaints like yours.

The images on the MD page were blown way too big making it look too large. You will clearly see its a non issue once you get it.

BTW this looks like the we knives 605 almost with minor changes. I'd rather have the 605.but the poor detent is my main issue with the Falcon. On top of that the poor design for a small frame lock flipper.

If the detent was good I could accept the small size issues. I have better small knives without issues.

I'll send it in and hopefully they will fix the detent but heard many issues with replacing the detent steel lockbars. So hopefully it doesn't get worse when I get it back.

Also heard a few others having there we knives detents fall out, not model specific. Just wish they had better control of there detent installs and testing.

Finally got my email from Massdrop my Falcon is on its way! Now I'm just hoping I get a good example. :)

I just got mine in . I'm very impressed by this little knife . Fit and finish on mine is spot on dead center and the detent is great . I only flipped it a couple of time came in with a lot of oil . I'll go check it out play with it while I watch the baseball game . First impression is wow

Should have my Falcon Tuesday and will post impressions. Hoping to get a good one here...

I really liked my Falcon. Sold it though. Just a bit small for me.

Great fit and finish. I didn't think the MassDrop logo was too off-putting but they could certainly do a better job of making it less obtrusive.

I received my Falcon a few days ago and I am pleased with it. No issues with finish/quality on mine. It's a good carry for me but I have small hands so it may not be for everyone. I don't pretend to know what I am supposed to be bother by with the logo...I'm just not.

Basically, I got what I saw in the pictures when I ordered and I like it. I rotate what I carry and this will go in that rotation for now.

Hmmm, you all have me wondering now. I was expecting two packages Friday (goodies from the Exchange :D) but my wife said three came. I wonder if my Falcon was in the third. I don’t remember receiving a shipping notification. Now we are both out of town so I’ll have to wait until late tomorrow to find out :(

I don't have mine yet. I did get my mini Dorado from MD, and it is amazing!!! Incredible M390 knife for the price from MD!!

One thing I would want to change on the Falcon(I know this even before I get it). A simple bent metal pocket clip! Don't know if it is just me, but I love my bent metal clips, they are just SO much better in about every way! IMHO

I don't have mine yet. I did get my mini Dorado from MD, and it is amazing!!! Incredible M390 knife for the price from MD!!

One thing I would want to change on the Falcon(I know this even before I get it). A simple bent metal pocket clip! Don't know if it is just me, but I love my bent metal clips, they are just SO much better in about every way! IMHO

Functionally I agree but aesthetically some of the milled clips can really add something nice. The Chris Reeve factory clip is about perfect and functionally better than this Millit clip but I think the Millit clip looks better. It’s subjective of course.

i.ashx

Back