Mass drop knives

I think the jimping is fine it's just very sharp on the top edges, wouldn't take much to fix. As-is it chews up my fingers almost on contact.

Been playing with it a bit today, as I mentioned this is my first flipper so I see why they are tip up now - all my other knives with clips are thumb stud or auto where tip down works best for me. Cool experiment, will be going back to thumb studs & autos... I just much prefer them.

Got mine today. Closest thing I have to compare it to is my steel will cutjack m390. Size wise, just about the same. I use size large gloves, so using a 4 finger grip on either nessecitates the finger choil, but both are very comfortable in hand.
Liner lock vs frame lock; more a personal choice there, I don't tend to stress my small folders that much that the lock type should matter, as long as it engages.
The clip on the falcon does seem a bit flimsy, I can easily see it breaking, while the cutjack has a very stout clip.
Overall, I will probably keep the falcon, I think I have enough 3" or under blades for now.

Until the next new one that catches my eye shows up....

Mine arrived yesterday and I am pleased.

I do not have any issues with the jimping, but it may be because of my rugged hands and fingers developed over almost two decades working in an office on a computer :). The fit an finish are great on my example (0947) with maybe just a slightly off center blade toward the presentation side -- though that might also just be me going cross-eyed. Mine arrived slathered in oil as well. I wiped it down and will leave it alone for a week or two before taking it apart for a clean and lube. The blade came sharp and it fits my size L hands well. I agree with others that the clip is a problem, but perhaps not with the white hot hate some have leveled. It needs to be pulled out to secure on a pocket which makes putting it away a two handed affair if you care about your pants. Lastly, the thing that stands out most to me is the snappiness of the action. The detent on this knife is stiff, but not overly so. I can't open it with one hand using the hole, but two hands do the job easily. Flipping the knife causes it to fly open and lock with authority (and about 20% engagement).

I will be keeping this around and carrying it regularly (despite the clip).

That's why I bypass the clip and use a small sheath in my pocket instead of the clip. Still fairly transparent. Benchmade nylon works well as a default for my sundry 3" blades.

Whelp, they dropped more at the same price as the first batch so I don't see reselling mine for anything but a loss at this point so I will just hold on to it.

I've left it on my kitchen table, ie where we leave everything, and opened some boxes and cut some cardboard and I will say overall I really do like the knife as a knife - it's just not the right choice for me to EDC. I might just use this one as a mod project, there are a bunch of changes I mentioned earlier that would make me like this knife a lot more like chamfering/softening the jimping a bit. Not sure if I can reasonably scallop the frame out by the lockbar though, would need to outsource that I think.

I (still) do think Massdrop needs to create and supply a new pocket clip.

Reactions: Mo2
The pocket clip is not great but it looks and carries as advertised (which didn't look good)....so I could see them selling an alternative but if the implication is that we are owed one...we are not.

Loving the Action and ergos on mine, (#206) but the finish is all yuck and the clip is so-so. I'm thinking I'm going to scotchbrite this guy and maybe I can mod a ZT pocket clip to fit. Like from the 0450, screw spacing is pretty close. Worked perfect on my Fiest.

Listed it to sell it, but walked around the house last night flipping it and kinda changed my mind..

Mine was an excellent example. I sold it though as it was smaller than I liked and felt a little "cramped". Defiantly a great value and I have the Gent on order as well.

They still have at least a few to go...mine was number #2310, I was in the first batch but not the first 500. Since it's around 2200 purchased, I am guessing they ordered 2500 or so.

Just got notification that my Crux is shipping. I liked the Falcon, let's see if this makes two of three.

Has anyone got the Crux yet? I've been kicking myself for not getting one, wonder was it justifiable

Mine is enroute. I bought the Falcon because of the hype. I bought the Crux because it looks like an ideal IDC blade for my purposes. My guess is the Falcon will be moving down the road but the Crux will be a keeper—maybe even in spite of the clip.

Loving the Action and ergos on mine, (#206) but the finish is all yuck and the clip is so-so. I'm thinking I'm going to scotchbrite this guy and maybe I can mod a ZT pocket clip to fit. Like from the 0450, screw spacing is pretty close. Worked perfect on my Fiest.

Listed it to sell it, but walked around the house last night flipping it and kinda changed my mind..

It works, you just have to elongate the holes a bit as the spacing between holes on the Falcon is slightly wider than the ZTs. I played around with one yesterday during my lunch break and was able to get it to work. Been carrying it without a clip lately though, which has been working great.

Yeah, I've actually been carrying mine a fair bit - it's a decent knife but I still don't like that darn clip. I'll probably give the knife a brushed finish (I HATE bead blasted Ti) at the very least.

Looks at Ferrum Forge's instagram it seems like they may be offering some customization in the near future.

Back