Massdrop Ferrum Forge gent?

kingston73

Gold Member
I’ve searched and other than one very short thread on reddit I haven’t found much info on this one. For $80 and s35 steel and titanium it seems to be a bargain but I’m hesitant because of the lack of info. Anyone have any reviews or opinions on this?

Mine is absolutely fantastic. My only complaints are that the choil is a little small, I'm not the biggest fan of S35VN (but the WE treatment makes me a little more of a fan), and the pocket clip could have been titanium and a little more sleek.

I love mine. I think it's the best Massdrop produced knife yet. Now available in blue or green!

Check YouTube.
I know, lots of YT reviewers are hacks, but there’s still a few that I trust to some degree.

Largely because of positive commentary, I joined the current drop after passing on the first one. I think more drops of the knife in the future is a safe bet. It’s still popular and it’s really easy for MD to create new editions with different scale colors/materials.

Last edited:
That’s good to hear you all like yours. I found a few YouTube videos but I trust people here much more than you tube. I’m going to join this drop, really can’t believe the price on this.

Mine is great. The action is amazing (imo closing smoothness is the same as my sebenza - if not smoother), the steel has held up really well for me, the ergos are fine, and it's pretty easy to disassemble.

I do have three minor complains though: the centering is a hair off, the detent is a tad strong for my liking (I like detents on the softer side though), and the clip doesn't work very well in some of my pants. That said, I could easily see this knife being in the $160 range and imo if you're a fan of flippers it's the best bang for your buck knife available. I ordered a blue one of run 2 for a friend and when they (hopefully) do a run with CF, wood, or micarta I'll be getting one of those too.

I'm in for a OD green one. I thinks it's a clean looking design and I've wanted to try something made by WE. The price is low enough that I can't get hurt too bad if it's not for me.

Love it...I had similar thoughts about the lame clip. But now that I carry it, i love it. Very discrete and well "springy".
Action is great, but need a little jimping on flipper tab. For us sweaty-handed folks it gets slippery.

im on the fence to either buy one or two. for the price point it definitely looks great. I wonder if they'll do a full titanium frame lock version in the future.

Great knife. It has replaced my Sebenza as an EDC for me. Love the action, size and feel. It is really a wonderful little knife!

Dito on the notification. There should be an olive drab Gent with my name on it, strapped to a three legged mule, slowly headed my direction.

Those 4 words you hope to read in your email... “your package has shipped.” Cannot wait

I joined this latest drop myself. I really liked the look of the Blue G10 plus I've bought the FF/MD Falcon twice and I agree that the knives are easily worth twice what there charging. IMHO you should definitely buy one of these knives. Trevor

I really wanted one but shipping in my country was not an option:confused:. Hooray for the secondary market!
Exceptionally good price point for Carbon Fiber and S35VN, especially considering that massdrop adds a small profit on each, right?
Is it only that it's made in China or is there any compromise in the heat treating process you believe?

Got my shipment notification yesterday as well. Still trying to decide whether to join the current drop on the Crux.

Back