Massdrop Ferrum Forge gent?

Whole lotta box for an itty bitty knife! Oh well, at least it’s not in a mailing bag this time. ;)

DB02A03E-0C96-4021-AAB2-1EB3A426D2F4.jpeg

OD green was a good choice!

E63CF0F9-268F-4515-8A10-2B48E4195200.jpeg

My sample’s detent is strong, like really really strong when taking into acount the knife’s small size and flipper tab. Hopefully it’ll loosen up with use (better strong than weak!). With the lockbar open, it’s a guillotine though. :)

B4A384C5-43DF-4D7A-A1CE-07DB878E16B7.jpeg

Anyone who is indignant with the branding on this knife needs to get a life. Seriously.

0BA91E12-F992-474D-8337-986255F4B11F.jpeg

I concur with the sentiment this is the best of the first three colabs with FFKW. Money well spent, which is good, as I was a bit let down with the Falcon and Crux (though the latter is in my rotation as a semi-beater).

65A42A70-5969-4C2C-B3AA-D6C428876835.jpeg

While the clip may look a bit underdone, it’s actually pretty good in hand and in pocket. As with this knife’s siblings, a bit of thumb chamfering on the lockbar landing zone would be nice. It’s less of an issue here though.

I won’t dare call this a small Sebenza flipper like some would have you believe, but yeah, It’s a good knife for the money. It’s going straight into rotation.

Last edited:
Still waiting for mine to be delivered, supposedly it’ll be here Thursday

mine is scheduled for Thursday in California(it shipped on Friday). Massdrop uses the slooooowest shipping method possible.

I had one from the first run but sold it without carrying or using it. There wasn't anything wrong with it but I'm downsizing my collection in general and it just didn't ring my bell.

Looks great guys! I'm looking forward to getting mine. The tracking says mine won't be delivered until Friday. I find that hard to believe since it's already in my area. No worries, I've waited this long, a few more days won't kill me.

Whole lotta box for an itty bitty knife! Oh well, at least it’s not in a mailing bag this time. ;)

View attachment 897837

OD green was a good choice!

View attachment 897839

My sample’s detent is strong, like really really strong when taking into acount the knife’s small size and flipper tab. Hopefully it’ll loosen up with use (better strong than weak!). With the lockbar open, it’s a guillotine though. :)

View attachment 897841

Anyone who is indignant with the branding on this knife needs to get a life. Seriously.

View attachment 897840

I concur with the sentiment this is the best of the first three colabs with FFKW. Money well spent, which is good as I was a bit let down with the Falcon and Crux (though the latter is in my rotation as a semi-beater).

View attachment 897838

While the clip may look a bit undone, it’s actually pretty good in hand and in pocket. As with this knife’s siblings, a bit of thumb chamfering on the lockbar landing zone would be nice. It’s less of an issue here though.

I won’t dare call this a small Sebenza flipper like some would have you believe, but yeah, It’s a good knife for the money. It’s going straight into rotation.

Nice blade...other than that logo

Nice blade...other than that logo
Yo Mama Yo Mama I think you just won this thread. :thumbsup:

ETA: It only took a couple hours for the pivot to loosen way out. Not a big deal for me to take it down and drop in some low-strength LocTite, but I can see it being very frustrating to a non-knife fanatic.

The pivot screw on V2 is still phillips.

Last edited:
Seriously, the amount of whining about the Massdrop logos on everything is sickening. It's not a sprint run of a normal knife for a dealer, it's a design only brought to market because of Massdrop, they can logo it however they bloody well please. If I brought a knife design to market, even if it was a collaboration, you bet your booty I'd slap my name on it.

Got my blue on in today, really good knife overall, surprised by how much I like it for a good and plain EDC. Only complaint would be the detent is the strongest of any knife I have ever had, by far. Hoping this breaks in better.

And the Massdrop wording can't get any smaller, anyone who argues over this is just kind of silly and needs to stop thinking people are judging who makes their knives.

Like halflife's and FMF's, the detent on my Gent was very strong. Personally, I don't really mind it, but I could see some people hating it. It'll be interesting to hear if they're all like this.

I should receive my Gent by Saturday and will check it out. On many knives a strong detention loosens up with use. I experienced this with my ZT 0609, which felt too strong at first but now seems perfect. Also some flippers respond better to specific opening techniques, e.g, “push button” vs. “light switch” methods.

Got mine yesterday and it's great. I really appreciate the detent, it is an excellent flipper. Much better than the lionsteel Tre I used to have and half the price. The only improvement I would make is I wish the choil was bigger. As it is it's basically a large sharpening choil, not quite big enough for me to comfortably use.

And the Massdrop wording can't get any smaller, anyone who argues over this is just kind of silly and needs to stop thinking people are judging who makes their knives.

Complaining about the size of the "Massdrop" seems comparable to complaining about the size of the choil, in my opinion. Both are fair game.

Complaining about the size of the "Massdrop" seems comparable to complaining about the size of the choil, in my opinion. Both are fair game.

Yea, complaining about some letters on a blade which is a purely aesthetic issue is exactly the same as commenting on the size of the choil which is a functional issue.:rolleyes:

Yea, complaining about some letters on a blade which is a purely aesthetic issue is exactly the same as commenting on the size of the choil which is a functional issue.:rolleyes:

It would not be the same, if aesthetics were not a factor in buying knives. The fact that this knife comes in different colors shows that aesthetics are a factor, and hence the look of the stencilling matters and is not, as you said, "silly."

What color did you choose?

Back