Massdrop Ferrum Forge gent?

I'm pretty sure it's already been mentioned, but just in case.... There is a guy over on Massdrop (Joel Ellis) that has been doing aftermarket scales for these in many woods and CF. He recently moved and has been down for a while. But made it sound like he will eventually be producing them again. I haven't purchased any of his yet, but from reviews, everyone that have them seem pleased. Pretty spectacular variety out there.

Dang! Some of those are gorgeous! I'm quite happy with the OD green & rosewood Gents I have but some of those are tempting.

I don't think it would be hard to make some scales yourself if you're reasonably handy and can get your hands on the materials.

I don't think it would be hard to make some scales yourself if you're reasonably handy and can get your hands on the materials.

Very true. For some, ordering a milled exact copy is the only way to go. But unfortunately I'm a compulsive tinkerer, so I'm good with my own amateur results. Before doing my copper and silver, I did some g10. First was a light blue, then some black/red layer. Well, actually black/red on one side, the other side ended up red/black.

2i8akr4.jpg

lfpkk.jpg

5mwqs5.jpg

2dvu4p4.jpg

How slick does the CF version feel? Am going back and forth between the CF and the G10 version. I like a bit of texturing on the handle. Have some CF knives that are pretty slick, and others where the G10 really makes a difference.

It’s not what I’d call slick, but the G10 will probably have more traction.

When I bought my CF version, they weren’t offering the G10 version, or else I would have chosen that one instead. Better value @ $80 in my opinion.

How slick does the CF version feel? Am going back and forth between the CF and the G10 version. I like a bit of texturing on the handle. Have some CF knives that are pretty slick, and others where the G10 really makes a difference.

The G10 isn't particularly grippy, it's just shy of a polished/smooth finish. Definitely not like Spyderco's peel-ply G10. After a few months in the pocket, it had no texture at all.

I'm in for the rosewood. Can't wait.

Those custom scales look gorgeous.
Design certainly permits experimentation.

Just got my rosewood.
Ordered 6/22, received 6/27.
I welcome luck and serendipity.

Amazing knife. The upgraded stonewashed blade
mates perfectly with the titanium showing.
Came razor sharp with perfect centering, solid detent,
with consistent and smooth deployment.
Maybe select line got more attention to detail.

Perfect four finger fit for my hand, probably why the
small finger/sharpening choil works for me too.
Appreciate the elegant flipper tab and deep carry pocket clip.
No hot spots felt so far since the clip nestles well with my grips.

There is so much I love about this knife that it feels like it
was personally designed for me. It uncannily fits perfectly
in my hand, and carries extremely well. Really doesn't feel
that I need to baby this gentleman folder either. Solid, and
will probably age with grace.

Back