Massdrop - Laconico Keen Spear-Point Folding Knife - Anyone seen this?

Just signed up for this. Looks to be a great knife. Several design options including lefty models. Designed by Ray and produced by WE Knife.

I apologize if this has already been posted. I just got the email on it.

Anyone else jumping on this one? This and the Terzuola are the only ones that have really made me hit the "join" button.

Link Removed - Easy enough to find.

Last edited:
Like the look. Simple design with good blade steel. Dislike the Massdrop labeling on the blade... I think I prefer their wharnie Zinker colab that is coming soon.

I like the blade grind/geometry.. Reminds me of the Trevor Burger customs. But I don't think in going to go with all the hype. Out of the MD branded knafs this is probably the only one I'd want to try. But I think I'll save and just buy another Burger. But also I'd rather spend 120-150 on a spyderco than any of these MD branded knives. That's just me.

Last edited:
Always wanted a Laconico design but afraid this is simply too much add for me. 3” and id be game

If the pics are accurate, they don't really have lefties. The clip is just moved to the other side.

Another plug for them? Like 3 different blades being advertisedmented lately....

And..........does it have the md logo on it? .....I had to.....

I really want to get my hands on some of these designs, as my folding knife experience has been very limited and would love to see what all the commotion over WE is about. The MD logo keeps putting me off, however. Can't quite explain it.

The Crux was kinda tempting. This one is really tempting. And it's even offered in purple.

I'd like to make a point: at $140 it's pricey enough that you have MANY alternatives from the established knife websites... and the bonus of immediate shipping vs the typical 8+ week nonsense from massdrop

Reactions: Mo2
I'd like to make a point: at $140 it's pricey enough that you have MANY alternatives from the established knife websites... and the bonus of immediate shipping vs the typical 8+ week nonsense from massdrop

There are always choices in this hobby. This knife is attractive, a good size for many and is designed by a recognized name. Not a bad price for the steel either.

Another plug for them? Like 3 different blades being advertisedmented lately....

And..........does it have the md logo on it? .....I had to.....
But they are all different knives. It's not like we don't have people start multiple threads about different (or sometimes the same) models of spyderco, benchmade, ZT/Kershaw etc. So not really seeing what the problem is?

I dont think it is 8 weeks, pretty sure are saying 28th october. They have been late before also, quite late.
The purple looks great but not having them have my cash 5 months for a slight discount on a We knife.

Russ

Back