Massdrop/Laconico Keen

Any inside info on how long this will last? I really want to pull the trigger but trying to recoup some funds from both Christmas and a knife buying spree I went on the past few months.

Any inside info on how long this will last? I really want to pull the trigger but trying to recoup some funds from both Christmas and a knife buying spree I went on the past few months.

It will be in their regular stock for awhile. The drop timer will reset daily.

Got the grey one today, brass will be here tomorrow. This thing punches WAY above its league and is easily worth way more. This knife is awesome and one of my most exciting new purchases in a long time! Everything about it is PERFECT!
F2tjeXj.jpg

Got the grey one today, brass will be here tomorrow. This thing punches WAY above its league and is easily worth way more. This knife is awesome and one of my most exciting new purchases in a long time! Everything about it is PERFECT!

Couldn't agree more. I've been fondling mine (also received today) all day. The blade shape and grind are perfect and the action is as smooth as glass. Absolutely amazing for the price - or any price.

I'm honestly at a loss for words on this knife.In the past 3 years I have bought ALOT of knives-customs and production-but none have measured up to the Keen. I was hesitant at first bc the blade steel was s35vn and having had CRK's I thought it wouldnt hold an edge for shit but I'm glad to say I was very,very wrong.The flipping action is perfect.It flips hard and doesnt quite drop shut which is perfect.Its like it sees my finger and stops right before closing so I can give it that last little wigggle.The flipper tab doesnt grab anything in my pocket when I go to grab it and the pocket clip gives a perfect retention and ability to put it back in my pocket.I have bought many knives a few times after trading or selling but never bought multiples whilst owing the same knife.This knife us PERFECTION in my opinion.It has also changed my blade steel opinion-1.Cruwear 2.Massdrop Keen S35vn.

I had a feeling you'd like this one. I've been really tempted to get one myself. I'm so happy with the two FF Gents I have I know I'll like the Keen. Just trying to keep the expenditures down after getting a little carried away on knife purchases last year.

Nothing remaining now but purple portals and a lefty original.
I'd get another, but heck, it would sit in the safe...and that's no good for anything.
Got one for me; one for my Colorado son. Great knife, IMO.

So a question for those who purchased a Keen..................... Has anyone actually used one?

I don't mean carried it in an office, or opened letters or a box with it, but really used it for EDC tasks such as cutting rope, stripping wire, preparing food, hunting, fishing, gun range, automobile, etc?

Also, while using it, does it slip around in the hand or is it easy to hold onto?

Everyone says it flips well, is well crafted, etc., but pretty doesn't make for a user knife.

What say you?

Pretty is as pretty does. It's a working knife. I've been using both of mine. As paring knives, as table knives, for butchering and boning. The handle has great purchase due to its simplicity. Good grip, easy to choke up on. And the spear point blade shape opened my eyes to another blade configuration beside drop points.

But it's not what it isn't. I wouldn't use it as hard as my Shiro F3 though it might take it.

hK8SD56.jpg

Ordered a Bronze with portal Monday and received it today via FedEx. The Keen imo lives up to the hype, the model sent to me checks all the boxes. Knife rides low with the factory clip and easily slides in and out of the pocket. Cant wait to put this one through its paces.

Ordered a Bronze with portal Monday and received it today via FedEx.

I envy you so much that i can't find words for it
I orderd mine on December 19 and i'm still waiting for it to arrive.
I hope to have in hands soon.

I would let you flip it to ease the envy!
I say its worth the wait, although when mine was set to deliver yesterday but shipping notifications showed no movement, I emailed customer service.

I've spent a lot of time waiting on knives to be delivered in the mail, one thing that I've found to help is going out and buying a knife locally and having it right away.

Jon

Really loving this thing. It’s a dang good knife. It’s a nice little Slicer too.

Edit: Just stripped my Grey Keen down, cleaned it and added some CRK grease to the bearings and detent track. WOWZER!!! Holy moly! Now I need to put a proper edge on it!

Last edited:
I would let you flip it to ease the envy!
I say its worth the wait, although when mine was set to deliver yesterday but shipping notifications showed no movement, I emailed customer service.

I've spent a lot of time waiting on knives to be delivered in the mail, one thing that I've found to help is going out and buying a knife locally and having it right away.

Jon

Thx for the offer and i don't need to call customer service because i know where the knife is, i can see it on the tracking info.
Since i'm living in Vienna Austria it takes a little to get the knife over the big pond ;)

at least i know it already cleared customs, what i don't know is if i have to pay customs, i hope not ;)

what i do think i will do is take your advice and make a stop at my lokal knife shop tommorow.

maybe some of you know the shop the make the Messerkönig Darksalter

Austria huh? Let’s throw some shrimp on the barbi!
I googled Messerkönig Darksalter and it looks really cool, certainly worth a Saturday trip to the knife store. Glad your Keen cleared customs man!

Back