Massdrop/Laconico Keen

So I installed the deep carry clip from my Ruike P801 on my Keen, and while i don't like the blue clip on the gray Ti scales, it is highly functional and deep carries well. I may have to get a custom deep carry clip for the Keen.

I’m not big on the ruike blue either but the clip fits surprisingly well. Trying to carry the keen everyday for a month but last weekend I got bored and drilled my RIL Military for tip up carry.

I was going back and forth between the crux and keen for a while. Finally Decided on the crux to buy first but missed the drop on the smooth scale version. Luckily i scored one on the exchange and its on the way but now after reading this thread i still want the keen also so Hopefully there are some available still and i didnt miss out. Thanks alot bladeforums now im gonna be taking my lunch to work everyday. Headed to md now.

Damn it i missed out! Looks like theres gonna be another drop thou. Definitely getting in on the keen next run! It's probably best I have to wait anyway considering I had 3 new knives show up in the mail today and my wife was pissed! The funny thing is she doesn't know that there's the crux and two more still on the way!!

Last edited:
I almost was tempted when I saw the email but then I saw the price increased and was able to resist.
Go for it Wharn, Ever for another $10 bucks it is well worth it for this collab really
4vKROWU.jpg
y.
GCVMb0L.jpg

IMG_1683.JPG Looks like its a pre order to ship out in late April which gives me some time to replenish the knife fund for a groove or portal. I did grab a smooth one in bronze stonewash off the exchange recently and man the Keen lives up to the hype! Excellent! The extra $10 is still worth it imo.

I absolutely have been loving mine. I got rid of most of my collection, and the 4 folders I liquidated down to is a CRK, 2 Hinderers, and my Keen. That’s saying a lot I think to hang with the two big boys. I have the grey groove, I will have to get a picture of it tonight, it’s taken on ALOT of snails and scars and I think it looks awesome.

I absolutely have been loving mine. I got rid of most of my collection, and the 4 folders I liquidated down to is a CRK, 2 Hinderers, and my Keen. That’s saying a lot I think to hang with the two big boys. I have the grey groove, I will have to get a picture of it tonight, it’s taken on ALOT of snails and scars and I think it looks awesome.
I love the bronze-grooved Keen you sold me! I'm home today and currently getting ready to post my first round of knife liquidation on the exchange. I won't even consider selling that Keen or either of my Gents. Several others would go before they would.

I love the bronze-grooved Keen you sold me! I'm home today and currently getting ready to post my first round of knife liquidation on the exchange. I won't even consider selling that Keen or either of my Gents. Several others would go before they would.
I may have gotten rid of all my last Spydercos...

I like the portals. I'll be getting one soon, thanks for all the reviews.
I'm debating this right now or if I need to go back to a CRK just because they fit so easy I think the pocket

Apparently this is a pretty small run (that has already been produced) because they're sold out of all the solids.

I ordered an original in grey on this last drop. Just got an email last night that it will ship on the 26th. Ouch. Very much looking forward to getting my hands on this guy. Luckily I have a spydiechef coming on Thursday to keep me busy.

Well it does say by April 26 so it could be before that date. Anyway, it beats July 19 which is when the next drop is expected to ship.

Had some questions about the different finishes, successfully satisfied my curiosity about which would show wear in the most appealing way (to me), and talked myself into picking up the grey/grooved model. :D

Thanks to everyone who has shared their thoughts, impressions, and especially photos in this thread! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back