Massdrop/Laconico Keen

It just doesn’t feel that good to me. I know people rave about the ergos, maybe I’m the exception that proves the rule. I’ve had it for about a week, taken it out twice to see if it felt better, but it still hasn’t grown on me.

Oh well, it won’t be the first knife I bought that I turned around and sold again. I just have to get off my lazy butt and take pictures. I’m glad you’re enjoying yours though! :thumbsup:

It's a superbly built knife but nevertheless was a casualty of my collection purge. Although it's plenty capable of work it feels very dressy to me. I figured one showy (Reate) was enough for me.

Just because. :D

g6CT6ym.jpg

Wake this thread up! The mailman brought me these today. Yes, it was a good day.

I may be late to the party with the Laconico Massdrop Keen but this thing is Awesome!
Sorry about the crappy pics but it's dark out and I got a little excited and had to show these to you all. My wife doesn't give a crap.
IMG_20191010_215917592-1185x1506-592x752.jpg

IMG_9533.jpg
Wake this thread up! The mailman brought me these today. Yes, it was a good day.

I may be late to the party with the Laconico Massdrop Keen but this thing is Awesome!
Sorry about the crappy pics but it's dark out and I got a little excited and had to show these to you all. My wife doesn't give a crap.
View attachment 1211453
Ive owned 3 keens and love em. The bronze sw portal is my favorite and still have the smooth bronze version also. Did trade off a gray smooth keen for a user spydiechef which i like quite a bit also and the bugout is my go to ultralight weight carry. These 3 are in my rotation drawer and get carried often. (didn't feel like digging the smooth one out). Congrats on some great additions!

Edit: my wife doesn't give a crap either:p

When I got an email listing the Keen in "gifts available for immediate shipment" I pulled the trigger on a grooved bronze for my son. Now, two weeks later, I see it still hasn't moved. I love the Keen, but frankly doubt I'll ever use "DROP" again. That is flat out deception IMHO.

When I got an email listing the Keen in "gifts available for immediate shipment" I pulled the trigger on a grooved bronze for my son. Now, two weeks later, I see it still hasn't moved. I love the Keen, but frankly doubt I'll ever use "DROP" again. That is flat out deception IMHO.

Maybe contact them? Sounds like a mistake. My only purchase from them was a Keen and it shipped immediately.

Maybe contact them? Sounds like a mistake. My only purchase from them was a Keen and it shipped immediately.
Already had two different CSR's from DROP reply to me - with absolutely nothing of value or use to say. Not a happy customer, in spite of how excellent a knife the Keen is. Doubt I'll go down the DROP road again - in this day and age this is ridiculous.

Already had two different CSR's from DROP reply to me - with absolutely nothing of value or use to say. Not a happy customer, in spite of how excellent a knife the Keen is. Doubt I'll go down the DROP road again - in this day and age this is ridiculous.

FWIW, I had multiple problems before I gave up on them, including products not as described on multiple occasions, parts missing, and more. I think it was around a 30% failure rate for me, on about a dozen purchases total.

I bought the Keen last summer. Not the type of knife I usually buy, and more money than I like to spend, but it struck me a great design and seemed to be a pretty good value, so impulse overcame discretion.

It won’t get carried much, as it’s also not the type of knife I usually carry, but so far it has performed admirably as a desktp fidget toy.
18F50D5B-64A1-4221-A2EE-CFA91475640E.jpeg

I’ve ordered well over a dozen items from Massdrop, now Drop, in the last three years. Included was an automatic Max Bill watch and two Keens.

I had issues with two orders. One was corrected satisfactorily, the other too small (read inexpensive) to hassle with return shipping.

I agree their CS could be improved and better policies put in place. But if you want a Laconico Keen, Drop is the exclusive distributor.

I guess I got lucky because I got mine on the exchange and didn't have to deal with "the drop".

Still nothing. They have lost me - never again.
Seems like MassDrop/Drop or whatever they are calling themselves has grown a little too big for their britches.When I first started using them it felt like a small community of value minded knife enthusiasts where you could ask questions and get answers directly from the people in charge and toss ideas back and forth but now that feeling is gone for me at least. Lately I have had to correct them a number of times with improper specs and descriptions of knives due to Lazy and poor copy and paste praticess. I was personally thanked a few years ago but last few times it seemed no one gave A F and they didn't even bother to fix their mistake. That said I will use them but only if I find a super great deal and I have not seen one in Many Many months plus the collaborations have seemed to have tapered way off if not gone completely from the site. It's a shame but it seems like Drop is just another online warehouse. I hope officer gets his Keen because it was one of the last great deals at drop and it is a superb knife to own.

Seems like MassDrop/Drop or whatever they are calling themselves has grown a little too big for their britches.When I first started using them it felt like a small community of value minded knife enthusiasts where you could ask questions and get answers directly from the people in charge and toss ideas back and forth but now that feeling is gone for me at least. Lately I have had to correct them a number of times with improper specs and descriptions of knives due to Lazy and poor copy and paste praticess. I was personally thanked a few years ago but last few times it seemed no one gave A F and they didn't even bother to fix their mistake. That said I will use them but only if I find a super great deal and I have not seen one in Many Many months plus the collaborations have seemed to have tapered way off if not gone completely from the site. It's a shame but it seems like Drop is just another online warehouse. I hope officer gets his Keen because it was one of the last great deals at drop and it is a superb knife to own.
I've had a Keen before and agree that it is a tremendous knife. I just won't support a "company" with this bad of customer service/support.

Like others here, my last MD purchase was my Keen. It’s a good knife for what I paid for it and I’m satisfied with it.

Back