Massdrop Terzuola

Yeah, I don't quite get the "logo" rage...from folks posting on Apples and Samsungs :p

I don’t get it either considering how small it is. The first logo was a deal breaker for me but they have adapted nicely. Both the Terzuola and massdrop logos are minimal. My only hope is I can get in for the color I want. In for Black, 2nd choice green

Last edited:
Love Terzuola designs. He’s really one of the fathers of the modern tactical knives. I love my Spyderco Starmate 2. His designs are very much to my taste. I wish I could get a Terzuola with a wave on it. That would be a dream come true.

Personally, I think we knives missed the mark by releasing similar knives in d2. Their budget line could have easily been priced at 130 with s35vn and it would have sold like crazy

Wow I saw the handle width will be .5”. That is either slightly thicker than a para 2 or as thick as a manix 2 Back Lock.... however you want to look at in. I’m even more in now. She’s gonna be thick!!!!

Yeah, I don't quite get the "logo" rage...from folks posting on Apples and Samsungs :p
I don’t get it either considering how small it is. The first logo was a deal breaker for me but they have adapted nicely. Both the Terzuola and massdrop logos are minimal. My only hope is I can get in for the color I want. In for Black, 2nd choice green

For me, it's all about aesthetics. I prefer my blades not to look like an advertisement. To each their own, it does look like a killer knife though.

Regarding "Apple and Samsung" logos, you're missing the point. I don't buy phones as a hobby.

If it's only $10 more in the future, I'll wait. Too many Massdrop knives (and first run releases in general) have come with an issue or two. I'd rather pay $10 more to make sure I'm not getting something with a first run issue.

For those who the serial and logo are too much, you might as well wait and pay the $10 extra, too

If it's only $10 more in the future, I'll wait. Too many Massdrop knives (and first run releases in general) have come with an issue or two. I'd rather pay $10 more to make sure I'm not getting something with a first run issue.

For those who the serial and logo are too much, you might as well wait and pay the $10 extra, too

I’m curious. What first run issues? I know there’s the pocket clip redesign for the Crux & Falcon. Was there something else that was problematic?

I’m curious. What first run issues? I know there’s the pocket clip redesign for the Crux & Falcon. Was there something else that was problematic?
Agree. I hear about all these "issues" but never see any of them. I've had all but the Crux and never seen fit/finish/function problems. I don't even see them on the MD forum. I think it's a case of dissatisfied customers being the loudest customers...kind of a human nature thing.

For me, it's all about aesthetics. I prefer my blades not to look like an advertisement. To each their own, it does look like a killer knife though.

Regarding "Apple and Samsung" logos, you're missing the point. I don't buy phones as a hobby.
I understand your view on the hobby vs utility item thing. From that standpoint any kind of "labeling" would be undesirable.

In terms of aesthetics; at least MD seems to be listening to those who object to the logo. It looks like this iteration is the smallest and most understated so far, hopefully they're moving in the right direction. I've never minded the logo but I think it would be cool if Massdrop designed a simple, stylized "MD", similar to the Sal and Eric Glesser "maker marks".

I understand your view on the hobby vs utility item thing. From that standpoint any kind of "labeling" would be undesirable.

In terms of aesthetics; at least MD seems to be listening to those who object to the logo. It looks like this iteration is the smallest and most understated so far, hopefully they're moving in the right direction. I've never minded the logo but I think it would be cool if Massdrop designed a simple, stylized "MD", similar to the Sal and Eric Glesser "maker marks".

A stylized "MD" would be pretty neat if done correctly. I think it's mostly the placement that bothers me, it's sort of random.

If I had the choice, I'd take all my knives without any labeling, but that will never happen:D

Who knows, I may have a change of heart because it's a nice looking knife overall. A few months ago I was so close to dropping over $1k on a Terzoula Steampunk. For a little over $100 I could get something sorta similar.

327984_1f468d9ecf74439aaa85671929ab6359.jpg_srz_820_480_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Its seems like Massdrop is moving more and more to making their own stuff vs. being an overstock hub.

You could jump into the comments and say what you like and don't. If they want to make stuff and take pride in their branding then it should look good. There's a pretty deep pool of folks who can design a label that doesn't look too much like a label I'd guess.

The comments can be a bit like a YouTube tire fire though so be warned.

I just reread the product description. Seems like it’ll be smaller than my first impression; just a smidge larger than a ZT 0450. That might put me off— mostly because I’m pretty well stocked in that size range and trending larger lately. I’m glad I have a few days to think it over.

I wish MD would routinely show a picture of their knives in hand. They did for the Crux, and that’s how I knew the size would be right for me. With the initial Falcon drop for insrance, I think many failed to realize how small the knife was from the description alone. ( @SanFranCitizen )

Anyhow, it IS called the COMPACT Tactical Folder after all. ;)

ETA Counterpoint: @Frunkey did a vid on a small Terzuola—definately looked awesome. Dang it! Decisions, decisions. :confused:

Last edited:
I just reread the product description. Seems like it’ll be smaller than my first impression; just a smidge larger than a ZT 0450. That might put me off— mostly because I’m pretty well stocked in that size range and trending larger lately. I’m glad I have a few days to think it over.

I wish MD would routinely show a picture of their knives in hand. They did for the Crux, and that’s how I knew the size would be right for me. With the initial Falcon drop for insrance, I think many failed to realize how small the knife was from the description alone. ( @SanFranCitizen )

Anyhow, it IS called the COMPACT Tactical Folder after all. ;)

ETA Counterpoint: @Frunkey did a vid on a small Terzuola—definately looked awesome. Dang it! Decisions, decisions. :confused:

He did another Terzuola design knife by three rivers manufacturing. I have the cf version and I'm glad I got one.

I won't be buying any more we knives made knives. Always under welmed and have issues. Just my luck I guess.

Last edited:
Personally, I think we knives missed the mark by releasing similar knives in d2. Their budget line could have easily been priced at 130 with s35vn and it would have sold like crazy

This knife is a bit smaller than WE’s budget line but you are indeed getting alot with this Terzuola. Keep in mind its not only the blade steel but also titanium liners. I, too, would like to see WE’s budget knives in this format, but its not very likely.

I definitely want the OD green one. I hope they do more collaborations with Bob Terzuola in the future, I love his designs but most are way out of my price range. I would like to see a larger version offered in the future, maybe in the 3.8 inch blade range.

Back