Massdrop Terzuola

Is Terzuola known for making that model knife with a flipper? I looked at the knife today, and the flipper just seemed too small to be fun (at least Nick Shabbaz won't be complaining lol). I wouldn't say that the flipper gets in the way, but my mind won't jump there whenever I would try to open the knife

Agreed but if you look at their recent collabs, most of them are flippers and most of them are selling well.

I think Massdrop is sticking with what makes the most money. Which is not a bad thing at all...they're a business, after all.

We're driven by what our members want, and the largest demand we've seen has been for flippers. But we've also done some knives with other opening mechanisms (TJ Schwarz Perpetua, Tashi Bharucha Prism, and the recent Delica/Endura SG2 collabs). That being said, we're just getting started, and our ability to try new things will grow as our ability to hit a given manufacturer's minimum order quantity (for more niche products) increases. Also...when Bob T says he wants to make a flipper, you make a flipper ;)

PS - I've read the thread and I'm still not 100% on the rules bc it's not clear if we'd be considered a dealer or maker, so I hope it's okay to just mention the names of those knives as reference points. I will be following up with a mod to learn about sponsoring, but I don't have ultimate control here over whether we do that. I'm a fan, so I'll do my best. Have learned a ton from you guys.

We're driven by what our members want, and the largest demand we've seen has been for flippers. But we've also done some knives with other opening mechanisms (TJ Schwarz Perpetua, Tashi Bharucha Prism, and the recent Delica/Endura SG2 collabs). That being said, we're just getting started, and our ability to try new things will grow as our ability to hit a given manufacturer's minimum order quantity (for more niche products) increases. Also...when Bob T says he wants to make a flipper, you make a flipper ;)

PS - I've read the thread and I'm still not 100% on the rules bc it's not clear if we'd be considered a dealer or maker, so I hope it's okay to just mention the names of those knives as reference points. I will be following up with a mod to learn about sponsoring, but I don't have ultimate control here over whether we do that. I'm a fan, so I'll do my best. Have learned a ton from you guys.

You're kinda both.

Your best plan would be to talk to the folks steering the boat here and see what they would suggest you do.

I'm a Massdrop member and I think the site could really benefit from the depth of experience here and the pool of folks who compulsively buy new knives.

Is Terzuola known for making that model knife with a flipper? I looked at the knife today, and the flipper just seemed too small to be fun (at least Nick Shabbaz won't be complaining lol). I wouldn't say that the flipper gets in the way, but my mind won't jump there whenever I would try to open the knife

On the massdrop product page, they say "the CTF is similar to the ATCF (Advanced Technology Combat Folder), Terzuola’s signature tactical folding knife." I have seen several versions of ATCF midtech or customs with flippers. It seems that Bob Terzuola made at least a few versions with a flipper since flippers became really popular. It's not the original design of the ATCF, but it seems the whole point of it is to be a new Terzuola design produced in a new way.

On the massdrop product page, they say "the CTF is similar to the ATCF (Advanced Technology Combat Folder), Terzuola’s signature tactical folding knife." I have seen several versions of ATCF midtech or customs with flippers. It seems that Bob Terzuola made at least a few versions with a flipper since flippers became really popular. It's not the original design of the ATCF, but it seems the whole point of it is to be a new Terzuola design produced in a new way.
It might not be as showy as (insert high-end flipper of choice), but it looks like the man knows what he's doing. I think that he looked at flipper knives one day, and just connected the dots on how to do a tactical one the right way

It might not be as showy as (insert high-end flipper of choice), but it looks like the man knows what he's doing. I think that he looked at flipper knives one day, and just connected the dots on how to do a tactical one the right way

Wow that’s a thick knife. The one on massdrop looks to be thick as well.... .5” handle width

If shorter knives are too thin, they become unwieldy in the hand, at least in my experience/hand size. 0.5 inches thick should be perfect for a 3.2 inch knife (imo of course).

Hopefully we will see a YouTube video in the near future comparing it in size and function to some fairly common knives. SanFranCitizen SanFranCitizen

If shorter knives are too thin, they become unwieldy in the hand, at least in my experience/hand size. 0.5 inches thick should be perfect for a 3.2 inch knife (imo of course).

Hopefully we will see a YouTube video in the near future comparing it in size and function to some fairly common knives. SanFranCitizen SanFranCitizen
I agree about the width. We will hopefully see a video soon

Hey man, thanks for chiming in with your thoughts. We like hearing from the people involved in such projects as these. Keep doing what you're doing!

I used to own an ATCF, this knife is not similar other than the name of the designer. The comparison is just marketing BS 'cause the ATCF is terzuola's classic knife. The ATCF is 4", Ti, thin, flat, deep hollw grind and not really good at EDC chores, (it's a weapon) which is certainly not the Massdrop design.

As a terzuola fan, I find the massdrop offering a disappointment on many levels. I like his Fox and Spyderco knives better.

Dealers/Selling -
  1. You must have a current DEALER membership to sell on this site.
  2. You are allowed to have any other level of membership and take part in discussions, but unless you have a DEALER membership you may not:
  3. Mention or link to your business in any way (not applicable to Knifemakers)
  4. Use private messaging to sell to members
  5. Include your business name in your username
  6. Use your signature or avatar to promote your business.
  7. Take part in any discussions involving your business OUTSIDE the Feedback forum.

Note: Hopefully this works and I’m allowed to link to Instagram?

This is the first video of deploying it both ways (Flipper/thumbstud) enjoy!

https://instagram.com/p/BhhqHdOgCAB/

Wow thanks for the clip! I ended up ordering an OD green one..... I was torn between green and black because black looks more classic terzuola but the OD green and bronze titanium looks so sexy.....

Thought about it, but I decided to stay with the M.D.-F.F. 'Buc'.
Prefer under 4".

buc_zpstfcituei.jpg

You're kinda both.

Your best plan would be to talk to the folks steering the boat here and see what they would suggest you do.

I'm a Massdrop member and I think the site could really benefit from the depth of experience here and the pool of folks who compulsively buy new knives.

We are a very eccentric group of fanatics so please bare with us :)

Really excited for mine
Same for me... maybe I've been lucky but every single one of my massdrop exclusives has been nearly perfect fit and finish. I wish they would possibly mill out the liners a bit to make the FF ones a tad bit lighter but this is nit-picking. Titanium, s35v, great fit and finish and cool designs have me sold, especially at their price-points.

Back