Master list of Sheathmakers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Noa! I've seen some of your work and I like it. :)

Agreed SPX, we really need a sheath moderator to do these little tasks and clean up our little corner without having to bother the Supers.

Marion David Poff ( Marion David Poff : )
Boyds, WA ( 1.5 hrs N of Spokane, WA )

http://marioncarry.blogspot.com/

marion.poff@gmail.com

I make Kydex Sheaths, Custom and for, On Hand Models. Currently specializing in Sheaths for Outdoor Pursuits.

I also have all the Spyderco Mule Team Knives, On Hand, and I make Skeleton Sheaths for them, as well as Sheaths for the Mules with Halpern Titanium Grips on them.

Here is a thread with many images of my work... http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715260

Thank you for the opportunity,
Marion

Last edited:
I've been making my own sheaths for about 5 years and have recently been making sheaths for others, Friends, co-workers, a few police officers in the area.. My wife has suggested going "pro" so I'll start attemting to do so! The wife is one of the main factors for deciding whether or not to show a sheath or send it out... she really has pretty good taste.
Anyway, I love leather, I love Kydex, my most recent productions merge the two into a very "utilitarian"/ style cover for your favorite all rounder or something for the shelf, although I prefer they be used!!
I dont do anything fancy. No tooling, etc.

I hope ya'll like what I have to offer.

100_6992-small-small.jpg
100_7055-small-small.jpg
100_7057-small-small.jpg
BHK-2-10.jpg

100_7621copy.jpg

100_7622.jpg

100_7623copy-2.jpg

100_7655copy.jpg

100_7665copy.jpg

Michael Volclae
Volclae Designs
volclaedesign@gmail.com
kydex+Leather = Jump ready eye candy for adventurous souls!

Last edited:
Welcome to the list Marion and Michael! :)

Michael, another leather/kydex guy! I look forward to your pictures! :D

Add my name to the mix...
Simple, functional leather sheaths. Pouch or straight style for any knife - neck sheaths too.
Check my website gallery under "sheaths" for pictures.

jrabuck@centurytel.net
rabuckhandmadeknives.com

I'll join the quay.

My name is Pete McKinley. I live on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada. I am a hobbiest knife maker who's sold a few pieces here and there. I try to incorporate local materials like antler, bone and wood in my work. I also make sheaths for my knives and for others.
I have no web site at the moment.

email: PJMKnives@hotmail.com

bowiecamp002.jpg

christmas2009022.jpg

random018wg4.jpg

sgaindhub091.jpg

sgaindhub010.jpg

Sue247.jpg

linedsheath007p.jpg

Welcome jrabuck and Bigblue!

Bigblue, very unique stuff there. :)

Hi All,
Work strictly in leather..started in the early 70's. Have been making only knife sheaths and bayonet frogs for last few years. Been doing a lot of custom work for the guys over in the sandbox.
Make sheaths for most any knife and most times can work from an emailed pic of the knife.
Lag time usually about 3-4 days, but varies with work load.

www.savagemadesheaths.com

www.bayonetfrogs.com

Regards to all,
Harry

It would be interesting for these fine sheathmakers to have also posted their stamp mark to help identify some of them. I have a leather sheath that I would like to have identified The information would be a helpful. Some of the sheathmakers produce beautiful artwork and the sheath can command high prices.

There was a makers stamp thread posted a while back, I think it was Rayban that started it. The search function should net you the thread in question.

Post a pic of the mark, but not in this thread please, the less clutter the better, it makes it easier to people to research it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back