Matched Integral Set by Sam Lurquin, MS

Greetings all,

My knife purchases these days are fewer and further between, but this was something of a special order. My daughter is a big fan of Sam's work, and like others who have had the privelege of meeting Sam in person, she's a big fan of Sam himself. So as a surprise high school graduation gift, I ordered a father / daughter matched set.

The big knife (spoiler alert - that one's mine ;) ) is Sam's extremely terrible Subhilt Tsavo in damascus and ironwood. The small intergal is hers. Both knives are absolutely stunning. Jeremy Guillaume was tasked to create the sheaths, and hit it out of the park as he always does. Love the fossil walrus frog studs.

Working with Sam, Jeremy and Coop was an absolute pleasure - and a reminder that the best thing about the custom knife world is the people. But the most enjoyable part of the process was presenting my daughter with her gift - she had no idea it was coming and it couldn't have been more well-received. An absolute ray of joy in these less than joyful times.

My thanks to all.

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

When I heard your news it simply made me HAPPY! :) The pleasure is always mine.

Sam is MOST talented and gracious. He deserves every gram of praise. :thumbsup:

Oh my god I so wish I hadn't opened this thread.

Emily is all grown up!!!!!

That means I'm old! ;)

Awesome project made by an awesome maker, for a pair of awesome people. Congrats to both of you!

Big thumbs up - and good to see you around, even if it's only occasionally !

The kids really Do grow up so quick...

I don't even want to say how old MY kids are now ...because that would mean that Dad is OLD :D

Bill

Thanks very much folks - and great to see so many old friends chime in.

Matt, Bill – yeah man, just yesterday she was half way through grade school and now she's in university. You can't blink.

Roger what a beautiful set and a great story. I had to twist my daughter's arm just to carry a Sak.:D

Fantastic set and a great story. The handle on the Tsavo is gorgeous. The drama in the wood grain, the swell of the butt and the angle of the subhilt are incredible.

Back