Matching fixed with my folder

My favorite folder is the ZT 0350SW. Easy to open and like a workhorse. I have several fixed blades and machete but none of them are my favorite. I have the Ontario FF6, the Condor Crotalus and the machete Condor golok. In general, I like thick blades. I live a lot outside and do work on the land. So, I am looking for a rather large thick fixed blade. I like the handle of the Crotalus and the ZT (G10). It must be ful tang. Any suggestions?

Esee comes to mind - a 3, or 4, or 5, or 6, depending on how long you want it.

Knowing your preferred blade length would help.

Also knowing what you don't like about your current fixed blades would help.

-Mike

When I carry a fixed blade I opt for a much smaller folder like a Native salt or bugout. To keep the ratio, I suggest an Esee Junglas.

Dpx gear triple black heft and Dpx gear assault II hest! There are a 4" & a 6" blade in the family made by LionSteel!! Solid knives and.good steel Niolox. IMG_20200708_202949.jpg

If you like recurves, maybe a khukuri?

Thick, strong, sharp, and will certainly handle the heavy lifting your ZT can't.

The 350 is one of my favorite work knives. I have higher end ZTs, but I keep coming back to the 350...even over the 303.

My favorite folder is the ZT 0350SW. Easy to open and like a workhorse. I have several fixed blades and machete but none of them are my favorite. I have the Ontario FF6, the Condor Crotalus and the machete Condor golok. In general, I like thick blades. I live a lot outside and do work on the land. So, I am looking for a rather large thick fixed blade. I like the handle of the Crotalus and the ZT (G10). It must be ful tang. Any suggestions?
Not super large, but if you want a thick fixed blade to "pair" nicely with the ZT 0350, find yourself a ZT 0121.

ooPb6xX.jpg

It would help if we had a price range.

Cold Steel SRK Sk5 steel can be had for $40 something.

Beckers and ESEE are also great choices.

Am I missing the size thing? Sounds like you want a bigger knife, thicker edge, but what length? I vote for the BK9, have one, used to de-limb a cedar tree to fit in the truck. Sounds like you have the tools for outdoor use already. But I do like a big knife....still....even if my main ones are smaller.

Last edited:
Back