Matriarchs are here.

Go ahead Hawkbill, I did!!! Will have good news for you this weekend. Watch your email.

Mike

Danelle and Charlie!

Email can easily be made very secure.
Just take a look at PGP - Pretty Good Privacy.It's the most secure encryption system there is. Far more secure than SSL-servers - or Fax! There is a free version available (although I think that for commercial use you should buy the software - it's not much at all, less than $60 I think). Information and internation version is available at http://www.pgpi.org/ and US version at http://www.pgp.com/ (This is actually www.nai.com - and a bit cryptic. The US version is also available at the internation site.) There is no difference in the versions really. They are just the same, and work together.
I've suggested this to James Mattis also. James have you had time to take a look at it?

Hugo

Greetings, all: So far the best way to get your Matriarch is via the telephone, as many of you have done. For those of you who are 'geographically challlenged' (clay, titan, ect.), feel free to email me at home (ccprecsion@earthlink.net) or at the shop (charlieg@mho.net) w/ your phone #'s & the best time for me to call you back. Hugo-thanks for the tip on PGP-I willl look into that for future "non catalog" orders such as the Matriarch. Ewok-the web address for the old Ironstone is no longer active. You'll be able to reach us via the Spyderco web site, just as soon as we get our ISDN line in place (should hear today on an ETD). If any of you have any other questions, don't hesitate to call/email me. If for some reason we don't pick up the phone, please leave a message or email Danelle (I'm sure Corduroy can vouch for the traffic we've had lately). We'll get back too you as soon as we can. Thanks

------------------
charlie
AKTI #854

Hugo - PGP - I actually went to the store and bought the program. Now I just have to do something with it! Things to do . . .
smile.gif

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

What a beauty!
smile.gif
I ordered mine........how about a PLAIN edged one
smile.gif
Can't hurt to ask ?! ....LOL.

Thanks Chrissy for taking the order, Charlie was on the phone
frown.gif

Ray 'md2020'

That's affirmitive, Bob. Just waiting to see shade of grey for best looks, then work out the details.

Mike

Oh dangit.

That'll teach me not to read the thread before posting. Saw the phone# already.

Thanks!

That`s okay, EricR. Just think of yourself as two posts closer to Senior Membership...

Well, this is kinda off the wall, but perhaps the first couple of weeks, or maybe entire, availability of the gray Matriarch should be reserved for owners of the BF Native. These are the real 'money-where-their-mouth-is' Forumites, after all, and they should get the first call.
This doesn't help me, incidently, I haven't ordered my Native yet. I've got to convince my clients to pay me, first.
Just my tuppence.
Wolf
"Woof! Woofoooooof!"

Wolf - Thanx for the suggestion. However, verifying the identity of the forumites is challenging enough. The BF Matriarch was created originally as a "gift" for the forumite club and as a means of helping to support the Forum financally. The BF Native was created for the same reason.

History with the BF Native also taught us that the number of forumites interested in or able to purchase a BF Native was insufficient to accomplish the original goal.

A 500 pc production run + 200 for Spyderco collectors (a "break even" at best), actually turned into a 300 pc and even that has created problems for Mike, Spark and Spyderco. Certainly not the original intention.

At this time, we are using the Factory outlet store to expedite getting the BF Matriarch to the forumites. Probably the best way to support the Blade Forums (other than tring to attract more viewers by being an intersting forum) is to pay a fee. Time will tell in that area.

I imagine that if/when we post on the availablility of the BF Matriarch on the BF General forum, the numbers might be higher, but it is a difficult event for a manufacturer to pull off without losing funds.

I have not posted the availablity on the General forum for seveal reasons;

(1) I wanted to give the regular Spyderco forum visitors a head start. Since it is a Spyderco item, the likelihood of Regular Spyderco visitors being intersted in a Spyderco item would be greater.

(2) I wanted SFO to have some system down for comfortable and efficient management of delivery.

(3) There has ben some question about manufacturers using the General forum to "sell their wares" (against forum rules) and I didn't want us thrown into that question.

The BF Matriarch was cerainly easier to pull off that the BF Native, as it was just a color change with some addtional paperwork.

The BF Native required a great deal of time and attention of our Chief Engineer (Vince) which stressed other projects that he was heading up. Fortunately for the forumites, Vince is a forumite. In fact the BF Native would not have happened were it not for Vince's dedication to the project.

Just thought to provide some explanation to those forumites that might be new to the BF Native / Matriarch origins.
sal

James - Great! First step taken
smile.gif

It's also great to hear that you, Charlie, are also considering PGP. It really is the best program out there. If you have any questions/problems feel free to email me. No, I won't know all, but I think I know enough
wink.gif
. (I might also email both you... as soon as I can find the time.) Hopefully everybody will follow you guys!

Hugo

Hey there Wolf, not everyone who didn't pick up a BF Native is some how not an avid or dedicated BF supporter. The knife just didn't strike my fancy. I think a lot of folks got their "something for nothing" hopes up and backed out when the realized that the BF Native was going to be 100 USD, which is not a bad price for a CPM440V special run Spydie.

Sal, thanks for making the Mats open to BF members via SFO.

------------------
"Women bring life into the world
and much death, for they sway the
destinies of men." -Anneas

Thanks for the background, Sal. I certainly don't want to make your job any harder.
smile.gif

chrisJohn, good point. My thinking was that perhaps a desire for the Martiarch would nudge some of the "undecideds" here to spring for a BF Native, if Native owners could get first crack at the Matriarch. See?
Flawless logic, unfortunately it's a kinda dumb idea. The quality of people on this forum is quite high, and it makes more sense that everyone should get an equal shot at the special offers. Sorry if anyone felt maligned.
Wolf (looking sheepish)

hey, quit with the sheepish, i thought it was a good idea. (although i say this with my bf native in my hand...)

now, the age old question: do i need another knife?

------------------
'Till next time,
Rich the kite guy

Charlie - I just posted the Matriarchs availablity on the General forum.
sal

Charlie / Sal

I just got on the computer after three or four days, EMT-I end of quarter tests.
So I missed the opening of this thread. Hope there are some left in the, later, morning.

Dwight

Thanks Sal for posting on these just called Charlie at SFO this afternoon and scored two of these. I got one for me and one for another BF member that is temporarily computerless.Also thanks for the great discount to BF members.

lbwheat

How can I get a picture of a Matriarch? You don't really expect me to buy one sight unseen, do you
wink.gif
?(Stranger things have happened)

Back