Matriarchs are here.

The Three Weird Sisters?

- When shall we three meet again?
In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
- When the hurlyburly's done,
When the battle's lost and won.
- That will be ere the set of sun.
(Macbeth)

On a more positive note, think of a Matriarch as a respectable free-born woman who can say, with great authority, "Unhand me, varlet!"

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

[This message has been edited by James Mattis (edited 11 September 1999).]

Nice symmetry Drew!

I just signed up with Photopoint. My HP ScanJet does great scans. It's gonna be hard to not eat up bandwidth here.

MacBeth James? Heavy stuff!
wink.gif

I like the unhand me Varlet, though. If I could just convince my wife she needs a Matriarch. She doesn't know I ordered mine yet!!! Shhhh. Don't tell. Now, how to do the Honey I Ordered Another Knife Drill this time. (pondering).

Nice symmetry?
wink.gif

Symmetry . . . The literary mind wanders again.

Those are kittycat claws.

Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?
- William Blake

If we wax poetic enough, will Spyderco relent and put the Matriarch in the North American market?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

TheBeak: We ALL need another knife. We always will.
smile.gif

Also, as regards the Native--not all of us didn't like it, and not all of us backed out, either. Some of us are just plain poor.
smile.gif

------------------
"Iron Discipline is essential in acquiring proper truth-handling abilities. Neglect it and suffer. Thus endeth the lesson."
Master Warren Rowland

Well, hopefully I'll get my 8 TODAY. WOW, the wait is over!! I'll comment after that... The guys who've "ordered" from me, please watch your EMAIL! Just a few SMALLL snags to sort out still...
wink.gif

Here's one more image. I am hoping that this will cause a new page, or the current one will get impossibly large. I apologize if it doesn't.

View

-Drew

OK . . . Is there a songwriter among us?

There's the olde Scottish song, Twa Corbies, which has two carion birds and a deceased knight.

There's the olde English song, Three Ravens, with three carion birds and a deceased knight, but with some sort of redemption at the end . . .

There were three ravens on a tree
With a down . . . .

Now can anybody do anything singable with:

There were four ptoothy pterodactyls on a tree fern . . . .

?

biggrin.gif

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

[This message has been edited by James Mattis (edited 13 September 1999).]

OK, is it me or does it look like Spyderco gave the Matriarch a more pronounced tip on the production than on the plain edge prototype?

------------------
Paranoia is only smart thinking
when everyone is out to get you.

Heyns, I am checking my e-mail everytime I walk by the computer!

By the way, I'll have a review on the Plain Edge Merlin up sometime Wednesday.

------------------

Dammit! Now I want one!

So there was a plainedge prototype? Are there any other plainedge Matriarchs available?

Thanks!

Clay

------------------
Clay Fleischer
clay_fleischer@yahoo.com
AKTI Member A000847

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." --Douglas Adams

CD, it is my understanding that the prototype was the only Plain Edge made. It is hiding somewhere in South Africa. I am putting together a mission to liberate it. It won't be easy, but I think the risks are worth it.

Maybe if we and by we, I mean those in Isreal and South Africa yell loud enough, Sal may have some Plain Edge Matriarchs made. Get the ever so subtle hint, Heyns?
wink.gif

------------------

the brown truck has arrived! This is one fine knife, IMHO the matriach was made to be a backup for LEO and law abiding citizens. Sal perhaps you could make this avialble in the U.S. by marketing it the same way as the civillian?

Dirk,
I got your hint!

In the meantime, you can grind away the serrations on the current model. If you ask NICELY
wink.gif
, I'll post a few pics showing this modification...

I guess it depends on Sal's view of the market, as well as the position (image) that it will place Spyderco in, if they should make more Matriarchs and maybe extend the product line to include plain-edge models...

From the look of things over here, there will be NO problem to sell the Matriarchs in either cofiguration.

I received my Matriarch Yesterday along with another for a computerless BF member also. I showed it to two other friends and they each ordered two, so thats six of em outta there.Also picked up a SFO T shirt. Slick, It matches my Chris Reeve T very nicely.

lbwheat

Jim Mc - Last time I spoke with Michelle, she indicated leaning in that direction. LEOs & MBCs (Martial Blade Crafters).

sal

That brown truck showed up here today.I let my wife have the first "flick", after reminding her it is very sharp. I think she said it best, "That's one scary knife!"

I don't know if I can carry all three at once. So I think that I'll carry one, have one as back-up, and one for show.

Great looking knife Sal. I hope that all I'll cut with it is somebody else's seatbelt.

Dwight

Thanks Sal, and thanks to the folks at Ironstone.

Why do I want things just because they are hard to get?

------------------
~James

Back