Photos Mattock. Let's see what you have

We've been essentially rain free for over 3 months. Everything is tinder dry and the entire northwest is ablaze. Yesterday it was raining ash and cinders from one of the local files.

21199810_1587577194596184_9087869671069921236_o.jpg
I didn't realize it was that bad in WA. I hate drought. We've been cooler and wetter than normal here in Eastern Kentucky. We set a record low of 46 degrees here this morning.

We've been essentially rain free for over 3 months. Everything is tinder dry and the entire northwest is ablaze. Yesterday it was raining ash and cinders from one of the local files.

21199810_1587577194596184_9087869671069921236_o.jpg
Not sure just how accurate that map is but we burn every year. Air quality is exceptionally bad this year. Some football games may be rescheduled. I know local schools have not been able to practice. We get some fires in the more remote areas that will go out when the rain or snow puts them out, its normal, but there are fires this year all around us. So ready for a good rain..

Maybe not a Mattock but I was pretty excited to find this Pick this morning. I can't wait to clean it and the handle to rehang...

qgA2WYs.jpg

Not sure if that posted.... bit of a luddite. I dont usually have trouble identifying tools i pick up here and there, but can't find a match to this one as there are no decipherable marks and finding info on the eye shape has been fruitless for me. Anyone have any info to share? Thanks, nate

Not sure if that posted.... bit of a luddite. I dont usually have trouble identifying tools i pick up here and there, but can't find a match to this one as there are no decipherable marks and finding info on the eye shape has been fruitless for me. Anyone have any info to share? Thanks, nate

That's cool as hell! I've never seen or heard of a diamond eye cutter mattock. I've seen some diamond double bit axes but nothing like this. Looks well done. It's relatively unworn. Both bits are still long. Just a cool piece!

Where was it found?

At one of the many habitat restores i comb on a regular basis. I drive a lot for work, not so much lately, but tend to go through any that are en route. It was hung on a broom handle. I got the draw knife down and started working on an old shovel handle but got hung up on some hidden run out and got a little hot, as it was the last couple pulls, and havent yet revisted a handle. I have read a little about diamond eyes, but cant seem to find any examples.

I got a GI WWII small pick axe today, with its canvas carrier. Pretty sure the canvas carrier is not original, most likely a reproduction, but the pick axe is marked "US Plumb 1943", so happy with it. John

I got a GI WWII small pick axe today, with its canvas carrier. Pretty sure the canvas carrier is not original, most likely a reproduction, but the pick axe is marked "US Plumb 1943", so happy with it. John

When you can I would like to see a picture of that sir! :cool::thumbsup:

Similar to this one? My brother found this in the back of his barn in Prineville the other day. I guess it was under some old building materials.

Plumb19xx by Agent Hierarchy, on Flickr

Plumb19xx by Agent Hierarchy, on Flickr

Agent_H, exactly like that except in better shape and marked 1943, still the price your brother paid was better! I also have a more current issue Mattax, which came out after the US military went to the tri-fold e-tool and it was such a poor digger. The Mattax is more like the old Roman Dolabra, in that it is an axe blade and a pick, John

John

Back