Maxamet PM2 (Current Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues

hovering overhead
Staff member
Super Mod
Just rec'd the latest incarnation of the Maxamet PM2 in the mail and it doesn't disappoint.

Well ground, no warping that I can see, nicely centered and quite sharp. Drops shut after a drop or two of Super Lube.

This baby is a keeper. Looks like it will cut for days...

...and into the pocket it goes.

Hopefully others will be just as satisfied with theirs as I am with mine. :cool::thumbsup:

I could never understand why they seemed to have no problem producing plenty of manix and native blades but never any PM2...if I had a limited quantity of the steel, I would make as many PM2s as I possibly could since I know I could sell every single one.

Got mine today, too. With respect to action and detent, this is the best PM2 that I have received so far, and I have a few .... compliments to Spyderco.

Also, the blade seems to be color'ed slightly differently, more shiny, where the first incarnation looked almost stone-washed.

Got mine today, too. With respect to action and detent, this is the best PM2 that I have received so far, and I have a few .... compliments to Spyderco.

Also, the blade seems to be color'ed slightly differently, more shiny, where the first incarnation looked almost stone-washed.
Could you please post a pic?

I believe all Maxamet - Mule, Manix 2, Native 5 and PM2 was stonewashed. So is this new run isn't stonewashed that would be interesting.

Pretty sure my Maxamet Mule is not satin/stonewashed. It's loaned out right now so I can't check. Cru-wear and couple of others I have are clearly a satin finish. I don't recall Maxamet looking similar to these.

My Para 3 Maxamet is stonewahed, edges are not nearly as sharp as any of the satin finished I have.

7UGGnQB.jpg

YOjIj5E.jpg

Reactions: AF
IMG_5093.jpg IMG_5094.jpg

Mine is clean, centered, solid and the grind lines are even, but the edge is not very sharp.

I'm really happy to see the Maxamet PM 2 back. I'm in no rush but I will be picking one up.

Good Luck. I've been trying to buy a back up, as I don't like to sharpen and use one unless i have a second in the safe. No luck so far. Every time i get a notification, they are gone by the time i get to the site. Looking forward to testing and endurance results with this new batch.

It seems like the places getting them in stock are only getting a handful because they seem to sell out within a half hour. I just just looking on ACK and came across a Para 3 I thought was a great price, then I got to the last picture..... holy smokes batman.

They even note its a factory second but damn, that's BAD. I was going to snag it anyway and warranty it...good thing I looked because Spyderco does not warranty factory second knives.

RhkadEP.jpg

That's some serious blade warping.

Good to see more PM2s are coming out, Spyderco must of finally found a way to grind, and heat treat them, without risking blade warping.

Wow, that's extreme. Temporary shortages notwithstanding, I think these will be widely available in the future.

Since the difference is subtle, one more now in direct sun-light.

i-x27tFzZ-X3.jpg

That's some serious blade warping.

Good to see more PM2s are coming out, Spyderco must of finally found a way to grind, and heat treat them, without risking blade warping.
That's what my mule looked like, too... Spyderco ended up giving me a refund because they couldn't replace it.

My Native 5 LW was warped, and my new Maxamet PM2 is not perfectly straight either (it's hard to see, but it's definitely crooked).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back