1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Maxamet PM2 (Current Release)

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Blues, Jun 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grumpy514

grumpy514 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2011
    The easiest way it to lay the blade flat on a table and take a picture.

The new stonewash does indeed look nice, I was lucky enough to trade one to a member on her for my DLT 20CV/DLC PM2 + cash. Should be here tomorrow!

marrenmiller likes this.
  2. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    Agree on both scores.

marrenmiller likes this.
  3. Therom

Therom

Nov 13, 2013
    My native 5 in maxamet steel is great too
    I really like the way Spyderco made the stonewashed on it

4. Therom

Therom

Nov 13, 2013
    [​IMG]
    It looks like maxamet hold corrosion much better than m4
    At least on my EDC

5. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2015
    WOW got an email 30 min ago, checked about 15 later and they are gone again, why do they keep doing this?

6. grumpy514

grumpy514 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Which place was that? They must be sending these places 10-20 of them and they sell out in minutes. Still amazing people are on top of their emails that fast.

7. ferider

ferider Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2018
    All recent production releases are like this, Ikuchi, Smock, Native Chief, PM2 Maxamet, etc. I suspect Spyderco changed their batch size / supplier strategy together with the new reveal policy. Not critical of this, there are business pros and cons to the new strategy.

8. knife_fan

knife_fan

May 1, 2012
    I hope this due to initial releases, and dealers will get a bigger shipment at a later date.

9. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Just got put on the notification list when back in stock at every dealer known to mankind and a like :D

grumpy514 likes this.
  10. miltmaldo

miltmaldo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2012
    On Friday I placed an order of 2 PM2 with blade HQ and I didn’t get a confirmation email so I placed the order again and I got the confirmation Oder for 2 PM2 Maxament . Guess what I received 4 PM2 maxament . Called them up sending 2 back . 1 I’m keeping one was traded.

Attached Files:

11. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Can’t beat that except with maybe 5 pm 2 Maxamets :D and at least you got the pick of the litter :thumbsup:

12. miltmaldo

miltmaldo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2012
    No I can’t but my wife can if I don’t send them back .

bigolegator and TheFactor like this.
  13. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    LOL my money is definitely on the wife getting pick of the litter :)

bigolegator likes this.
  14. John_0917

John_0917 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2014
    There’s a video on IG of some crazy person using a maxamet PM2 to chip off a chunk from a concrete garden block...surprisingly the damage was not as bad as I expected.

15. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    BHQ Has them as of 5 minutes ago. Just got mine.

16. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
    I got one also, did you get the free Boker?

17. TRfromMT

Jan 4, 2016
    No sure. I was just placing an order as quickly as I could after getting the email notice it dropped. Didn't pay attention any special offer. I just emailed them to see if it can be added. If not, oh well.

Was it some sort of promo code to enter, or did your's just get added automatically?

18. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
    No, it was added to the order I just had to check the box. It is a Boker Subcom. It stated it was free with orders over $150.

19. TRfromMT

Jan 4, 2016
    I was working from my phone and didn't see the check box! Oh well. Maybe they'll toss it in anyway.

20. BladeBill

BladeBill Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    14 available at White Mountain Knives.

edit: You may have to search the part number (C81GPDGY2) as they misspelled maxamet.

edit2: 10% off with code"sharpstuff"

edit3: OOS

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.