Maxamet PM2 (Current Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what my mule looked like, too... Spyderco ended up giving me a refund because they couldn't replace it.

My Native 5 LW was warped, and my new Maxamet PM2 is not perfectly straight either (it's hard to see, but it's definitely crooked).

The easiest way it to lay the blade flat on a table and take a picture.

The new stonewash does indeed look nice, I was lucky enough to trade one to a member on her for my DLT 20CV/DLC PM2 + cash. Should be here tomorrow!

My native 5 in maxamet steel is great too
I really like the way Spyderco made the stonewashed on it

knj1PoU.jpg

It looks like maxamet hold corrosion much better than m4
At least on my EDC

WOW got an email 30 min ago, checked about 15 later and they are gone again, why do they keep doing this?

Which place was that? They must be sending these places 10-20 of them and they sell out in minutes. Still amazing people are on top of their emails that fast.

Which place was that? They must be sending these places 10-20 of them and they sell out in minutes. Still amazing people are on top of their emails that fast.

All recent production releases are like this, Ikuchi, Smock, Native Chief, PM2 Maxamet, etc. I suspect Spyderco changed their batch size / supplier strategy together with the new reveal policy. Not critical of this, there are business pros and cons to the new strategy.

I hope this due to initial releases, and dealers will get a bigger shipment at a later date.

Just got put on the notification list when back in stock at every dealer known to mankind and a like :D

On Friday I placed an order of 2 PM2 with blade HQ and I didn’t get a confirmation email so I placed the order again and I got the confirmation Oder for 2 PM2 Maxament . Guess what I received 4 PM2 maxament . Called them up sending 2 back . 1 I’m keeping one was traded.

Attachments

• 7540ED96-64DF-468E-98B7-DD4FE78D5855.jpeg
    7540ED96-64DF-468E-98B7-DD4FE78D5855.jpeg
    295.5 KB · Views: 6
On Friday I placed an order of 2 PM2 with blade HQ and I didn’t get a confirmation email so I placed the order again and I got the confirmation Oder for 2 PM2 Maxament . Guess what I received 4 PM2 maxament . Called them up sending 2 back . 1 I’m keeping one was traded.
Can’t beat that except with maybe 5 pm 2 Maxamets :D and at least you got the pick of the litter :thumbsup:

There’s a video on IG of some crazy person using a maxamet PM2 to chip off a chunk from a concrete garden block...surprisingly the damage was not as bad as I expected.

I got one also, did you get the free Boker?

No sure. I was just placing an order as quickly as I could after getting the email notice it dropped. Didn't pay attention any special offer. I just emailed them to see if it can be added. If not, oh well.

Was it some sort of promo code to enter, or did your's just get added automatically?

No, it was added to the order I just had to check the box. It is a Boker Subcom. It stated it was free with orders over $150.

No, it was added to the order I just had to check the box. It is a Boker Subcom. It stated it was free with orders over $150.

I was working from my phone and didn't see the check box! Oh well. Maybe they'll toss it in anyway.

14 available at White Mountain Knives.

edit: You may have to search the part number (C81GPDGY2) as they misspelled maxamet.

edit2: 10% off with code"sharpstuff"

edit3: OOS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back