MAXAMET PM2?

Did you know that it is a regular production and not a sprint?
Did not know that, thank you for pointing that out. Still keep missing them, sold out at BHQ an hour later. Glad its a prod run since I only want a single user and maybe I will get a chance eventually.

Did you know that it is a regular production and not a sprint?

Yeah, I know, but I've waited too long for my favorite knife in one of my favorite steels. There may be a point where you can get a PM2 in maxamet like you can get a manix or native5.

But I want it NOW. Lol.

The best thing to do on those popular knives is to take that cash you have to pay for it and tuck it away. Then tag a bunch of the restock alerts on the various bigger dealers. Then ready the next time they ship. You cover a bunch of options so you don't get skunked on something popular.

The best thing to do on those popular knives is to take that cash you have to pay for it and tuck it away. Then tag a bunch of the restock alerts on the various bigger dealers. Then ready the next time they ship. You cover a bunch of options so you don't get skunked on something popular.
I’ve tagged most dealers and never got a in stock email including BHQ .
It’s all good though because I picked up a few others to hold me over until the Maxamet frenzy subsides lol .

Last night I was doing some grilling. Decided to put the Maxamet to a little use prepping some meat and then slicing some limes. I figured this may start some patina. After the lime and a few minutes I wiped the blade off and sure enough, saw some outline staining starting.

I wasn't really happy with two large blotches so I grabbed the lime and did some more cutting. Now with the blade thoroughly coated I let it sit again for a bit. I figured it was time to knock the new off this blade.

When I rinsed and dried the blade I was actually surprised to see there was no patina/staining at all. It looks same as it was brand new.

This fine grained stonewash seems to be less prone to staining. I'll keep trying with other foods and such.

TRfromMT TRfromMT My user from the original run barely has anything on it even with that finish. If you're wanting a patina, you may be in for a wait.

My wanting patina on this one was more about me overcoming a mental block about turning this knife into a user than wanting a specific look. It was just about getting over my squeamishness, LoL!

Just got mine - $179 from KC after a LONG wait for a preorder. Very nice example of a PM2, and the pocket clip screws weren’t overly cemented into place, so could adjust to tip up carry without risk of stripping (unlike some spydercos in the past).

I’ve been trying to thin down my knife collection, but now have 3 Millies and 4 PM2s. Too many or just right?

Just got mine - $179 from KC after a LONG wait for a preorder. Very nice example of a PM2, and the pocket clip screws weren’t overly cemented into place, so could adjust to tip up carry without risk of stripping (unlike some spydercos in the past).

I’ve been trying to thin down my knife collection, but now have 3 Millies and 4 PM2s. Too many or just right?
obviously not enough

I finally edge retention tested mine after carrying it for close to 3 months. Very pleased with the results! 568 feet of cardboard until it wouldn't cut printer paper. Almost 200 feet more than M4, which was the next closest.

Just watched your Maxamet sharpening video. Yes BBB knows what he's talking about ;) (saw his video awhile back) I sharpened using only diamond and CBN...and WOW!!!

No verified numbers but well over 200ft and can still whittle hair on most of the blade!

Wq73LLG.jpg

I went from 3 Millies and 7 PM2s to 1 Millie and 3 PM2s. Of course, then I have 2 Para 3s, a couple Dragonflies, Caly, Caly Jr., Yojimbo, a few Mules, a few Salts, and am eyeballing one or two that have yet to come out (*cough* Chaparral *cough* *cough*). I've been trying to slim down my collection too, so you are WAY ahead of me.

ETA: And it doesn't help that there are enablers here either. I won't mention any names though. ;)

You know who you are, Elliott!!! I hope all is well!

Last edited:
So you got to add 2 Para 3 LWs and exchange a PM2...
It worked, you got me confused.

I went from 3 Millies and 7 PM2s to 1 Millie and 3 PM2s. Of course, then I have 2 Para 3s, a couple Dragonflies, Caly, Caly Jr., Yojimbo, a few Mules, a few Salts, and am eyeballing one or two that have yet to come out (*cough* Chaparral *cough* *cough*). I've been trying to slim down my collection too, so you are WAY ahead of me.well!

Oh, believe me, I am not well ahead. I was only mentioning the Military family blades I have - just a small part of my spydercos and a tiny part of the entire collection.

I’ve already sold a PM1, PM2 and Millie, and have another Millie waiting to go up for sale. But will probably pick up a PM3 lwt if they bring it out in a more interesting steel.

Just watched your Maxamet sharpening video. Yes BBB knows what he's talking about ;) (saw his video awhile back) I sharpened using only diamond and CBN...and WOW!!!

No verified numbers but well over 200ft and can still whittle hair on most of the blade!

Wq73LLG.jpg

It's an incredible steel. Definitely the pinnacle of performance for cutting abrasive materials right now in production knives. I'm so glad Spyderco is working with it and is continuing to iron out the kinks they previously had.

Back