MAXAMET PM2?

Well I was able to sneak away from work this morning and make a mad dash to pick her up from Fedex. Been so busy I haven’t been able to open the package so now I think I will just wait to get home this evening were I can enjoy the grand opening :D

Finally was able to open the package and get her out of the box . What a great example and couldn’t be happier !
Big thanks to a first class forum member that hooked me up with this beautiful knife and Spyderco for knocking this one out of park . Love the color grey on the covers and the Maxamet blade finish is beautiful and unique. Top notch fit and finish also and blade action :thumbsup:
ZnYCSZd.jpg

Zhnl6Sy.jpg

tObtcgS.jpg

Was torn between this and an MXG Black Clip. I had this sitting around unused. I think its a great fit!

Absolutely love this PM2! Can't wait until it starts to patina. I went ahead and put some EDCI on it anyways.

cxUJMml.jpg

pcn30Kr.jpg

ZSLILe8.jpg
Looks good man ! I bet it feels good in hand to :thumbsup:
My MXG should be here tomorrow can’t wait to slap that baby on .

Snagged a PM2 Maxamet at BHQ, sold out now. Knife center has them for pre-order.

BHQ has PM3 Maxamet in stock

It's an incredible steel. Definitely the pinnacle of performance for cutting abrasive materials right now in production knives. I'm so glad Spyderco is working with it and is continuing to iron out the kinks they previously had.
What were the kinks that spyderco had with the maxamet, and why were the manix lw and native able to still be produced? Seems like it was a g10 issue and not a steel problem.

The problem is they can multiply in different sizes from the same Mothers and become different Brothers :eek:
And bring nothing but happiness .
The downfall is those that wish they had one :D
That is a serious issue ...LMAO !!
sF7xchH.jpg

What were the kinks that spyderco had with the maxamet, and why were the manix lw and native able to still be produced? Seems like it was a g10 issue and not a steel problem.
Maybe it’s easier to grind those blades? Look at the profile of the PM2/P3 versus the manix and native, it’s a lot more tapered to the point and thins out a lot, that’s all potential for warping and/or breakage.

Guess we can only guess if there ever was a issue and what it was . They seem to be selling faster then they can shelf them so my guess it was a issue “ again if there ever was one” somewhere in production . I certain haven’t heard or read anything of any problems except the one post here that wasn’t very clear from jump street .
Just saying :)

I believe John is correct, I'm not an authority on the matter, but I've heard warping was indeed an issue, I'd guess the fairly regular drops of the PM2 and Para3 indicate an improvment of Spyderco's ability to grind the maxamet blades.

quPFM0O.jpg

I’m glad Spyderco got them dialed in because my para 3 and Pm 2 we’re dead center out of box with no need to even adjust the piviot :thumbsup:
And what a great blade steel !

I believe John is correct, I'm not an authority on the matter, but I've heard warping was indeed an issue, I'd guess the fairly regular drops of the PM2 and Para3 indicate an improvment of Spyderco's ability to grind the maxamet blades.

quPFM0O.jpg
That’s some serious blade warping .
Are you sure that photo wasn’t altered lol :eek: whats the source of that photo just curious ?

Makes sense it would be a grind issue, be interesting to know the abrasive that they use and how it is dialed in. Do they do factory tours? That and a cours tour would make a day.

If that was the problem that explains why there’s only short runs of them .
Definitely would slow down production.
Here’s my para 3 and Para 2 .
:thumbsup:
EbusC1w.jpg

RMtLPLn.jpg

Back