Maybe one day we can talk Daniel....

...into making a slipjoint. When he does, I get first dibs. 😄

image.jpg

I honestly don't know why he hasn't yet, a frame lock is much more complicated than a slip joint.

Nice pic.

-X

Slipjoints are so hot right now, he'd sell every one he could make.

I just hope he doesn't get stuck thinking he needs a rise/fall indicator to make slip joints. Learning to make one without is far more useful!

-X

I would love to see Daniel's version of a modern slip joint.

...into making a slipjoint. When he does, I get first dibs. 😄

Sounds like a good idea to me... interestingly enough I have one with the same lines as your Nakago fixed blade drawn up! It is a double detent so not a traditional design but I think it would work just as well or better.

Rocking photo, thanks for posting that and for the design input! :cool:

I honestly don't know why he hasn't yet, a frame lock is much more complicated than a slip joint.

Nice pic.

-X

It's something I want to make happen! I also have a couple of flipper designs finalized along with 3 more new Framelocks.

I've been working hard on the fixed blades lately but investing in my folder making process... I'm about to finally make it "year of the folder!"

Sounds good to me!
I'm listening! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Slipjoints are so hot right now, he'd sell every one he could make.
I agree, I'm getting everything lined up right now for lots of folders and making smaller, lighter, slicey knives is the plan!

I just hope he doesn't get stuck thinking he needs a rise/fall indicator to make slip joints. Learning to make one without is far more useful!

-X

I have one and know how to make the jig... but yeah that's not really my style.

As mentioned I'd like to skip the back spring and do a strong double detent, I do have a traditional mechanism worked out though, it would be a great candidate for wire edm profiling to keep prices in check.

I would love to see Daniel's version of a modern slip joint.
Thanks! It would be modern all the way... easy to take apart and lots of Titanium!

I totally second this notion.

Much appreciated on the input! :cool:

Thanks everyone! I want to move my direction to more folders and really appreciate the input.

Daniel- Please make a modern version of the German K55K Cat knife folder.

my k55k was purchased, looked at.. shrugged at, and sits in a cabinet... :(

I like the cat emblem on it though :)

Chris! Try it again!
Daniel will make this one a take-down model. Right, Daniel?

I would be very happy if he would make a slip joint/detent version of the Nakago pictured.

image.jpg

my k55k was purchased, looked at.. shrugged at, and sits in a cabinet... :(

I like the cat emblem on it though :)
:D lmao, sounds like something I would do...

Chris! Try it again!
Daniel will make this one a take-down model. Right, Daniel?
Take down! It would look a lot like a linerlock at first glance.

I would be very happy if he would make a slip joint/detent version of the Nakago pictured.

That's the one I have drawn up. The slippy would be smaller than the fixed blade but is very close otherwise.

I also have a Nakago Bottle Opener Friction Folder worked out in CAD along with several Nakago Framelocks. Big Plans!

Back