Maytag washer won't spin out at end of load

Just recently our Maytag washing machine has been failing to spin out the last rinse water at the end of a load cycle.
We have to run the spin cycle again by itself to dump the rinse water.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kev

Just recently our Maytag washing machine has been failing to spin out the last rinse water at the end of a load cycle.
We have to run the spin cycle again by itself to dump the rinse water.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kev
Daughter had same problem, I was there with repair man. He took the pump off at the front of machine and cleaned out the intake. It was stopped up with dog hair from a bed that she had washed. Did not take him 5 minutes to take it out. Be sure and have something to catch the water when disconnecting hose from the pump.
Hope this helps.
Jim
PS could be the timer telling it what to do next, machine was under warranty so he replaced everything connected to a possibility.

Good advice Jim.

Of the two scenarios that Jim mentioned I would check them in that order, my BET would be on the Timer (which I think YOU could also repair if you wanted to try) - but I would check the drain first.

Maytag used to have a DYI (Do It Yourself) help line that you could call during normal working hours (EST I think). They wanted you to have an Ohms meter and all tools handy when calling. Try and google the number and see what you come up with.

Also, There are lots of Appliance Repair Forums online (some of which even Link to schematics of certain machines and such) that would be a good place to go for assistance.

Good Luck.

we recently had the same problem. we have maytags newer top models. on ours it was a timer or computer that needed to be swapped out.

I have a Maytag top loading washer and have gone downstairs to take the wash out and put it in the dryer only to find out the washer still had water in it. Turned out the machine had become 'out of balance' & wouldn't run until I shifted the wet wash around then it continued on its merry way.

Thanks for the info! I'll give the pump a look first and then see what happens.

Call this guy:

maytag.jpg

Apparently, he's not busy.

My maytag was doing the same thing. I found the manual last weekend, and it said if the load got out of balance it would not spin at full speed. It also said to rearange the load and run the spin cycle again. It seems it's working so far for me.
good luck.
Larry

When our washer started producing super wet clothes, it turned out it was a baby sock that was plugging the drain. Water would still drain, but not fast enough for the spin cycle. Small items (like baby socks) can get up and over the rim of the barrel.

When our washer started producing super wet clothes, it turned out it was a baby sock that was plugging the drain. Water would still drain, but not fast enough for the spin cycle. Small items (like baby socks) can get up and over the rim of the barrel.
I had almost the same thing happen, but it was an adult sock that got over the rim of the barrel and plugged the drain, so in my case it wouldn't drain at all.

I had the Same problem with my Maytag Atlantis Model MAV7600AWW, I installed a new Thrust Bearing Kit and New Belt and it works like new again. Ordered from www.appliancepartspros.com , Very easy to install and comes with good instructions also as how to check the Brake Disengagement Adjustment. From what I have found this is a normal problem for the washers that have some hours on them. This is the first time I have done anything to mine in 13 years. It also appears they have made some changes in the Thrust bearing assembly as the new kit had a few different pieces and it was easier to assemble. All in all I have roughly $60 in parts and that is not bad compared to the Local Appliance store said that it was not worth fixing.

I have the same thing happen. Pump was fine. Mine was the motor. It lost it's spinning power YouTube has videos on disassembling washing machines.

Back