MBK - Laconico Minpin or EZC ?

If you like the look and size, you’ll probably love it even more in person. Everyone I’ve heard from so far has loved it!

I like the looks and size of both. If I were to go on looks by itself, I would go for the EZC. I think it’s because my first laconico was a liner lock EDC. I sort of felt like the EZC was the upgrade to the EDC. However, your review really swayed me over to the Minpin.

I like the looks and size of both. If I were to go on looks by itself, I would go for the EZC. I think it’s because my first laconico was a liner lock EDC. I sort of felt like the EZC was the upgrade to the EDC. However, your review really swayed me over to the Minpin.

I don’t know that I’ll ever get used to the idea of my opinion being of value to anyone. I hope to earn that faith. In the case of the Minpin vs EZC, I’ve had them both side by side for awhile now. Two Minpins (the review sample, plus my keeper that arrived today) and an EZC on my dresser as I type this. The Minpin definitely captured me in a different way. It’s just... OK... it’s like this. Adam Purvis charges like... $125(?) for timascus clips. This is a knife you could drop coin to outfit with one of those and feel like the knife was worthy of that kind of extra sauce. It wouldn’t come off like a Fiero with a Lamborghini body kit, know what I mean?

Have an EZC on the way and am looking forward to getting it. I have never had a Kizer (or Kizer made) knife. I had never had a WE (or WE made) knife before buying the Massdrop Keen. I absolutely love everything about the Keen, and the EZC has very similar esthetics. I’m particularly interested in seeing how the “Kizer” compares to the “WE” in terms of the fit, finish, and function. R RBid , don’t sell yourself short - you do a very nice job with your reviews.

Mine is "scheduled" to be delivered Tuesday, but when it comes to the USPS, I don't count on anything!

Mine is set for Tuesday delivery as well. The Minpin came a day early, so I have hopes that EZC will be the same.

After RBid's video and talk of "left hand flipping" with the Minpin, right handed me tried it out as a leftie and it works flawlessly. The thumb being on the left side makes it super easy to keep pressure off the lockbar and flip that light-switch. I would think that left hand users would love this knife.

Mine is set for Tuesday delivery as well. The Minpin came a day early, so I have hopes that EZC will be the same.

After RBid's video and talk of "left hand flipping" with the Minpin, right handed me tried it out as a leftie and it works flawlessly. The thumb being on the left side makes it super easy to keep pressure off the lockbar and flip that light-switch. I would think that left hand users would love this knife.

Average view time on that video is 7:44 right now, which I have been observing as I’ve wondered how many people were going to report back about stiff detents or about how free dropping theirs is or isn’t. I don’t think many people are ever going to get that heads up. I could easily see people choking the lock bar and thinking they had a bad copy, when the detent is fine.

Monday is a holiday-no USPS delivery!

I am left handed and the natural spot for my thumb is on the lockbar, so I have to consciously place my thumb on the clip on my Min Pin. After I figured it out, it is fine.

3 brothers from (slightly different mothers...
xNtaJR0.jpg

So far I'm really liking it. Just came this afternoon, and haven't been able to put her through the paces yet, but initial impressions are good.

Looks great. I snagged an EZC. I've had my eye on the minpin for a while, too. One day!

berAAoI.jpg

Top one is the review sample, on its way to Slicey Dicey as of this morning. Bottom one is mine. Satin bevels, and while this pic doesn’t capture it well, Ray altered the handle finish to be a little darker, with a stonewash look. The Minpin reeeeaaalllyyy did catch me.

I have the Min Pin (bought LNIB on the secondary market) and the EZC arriving tomorrow. It should be fun to compare them side by side. Really excited about these knives.

Back