Meaning of your call sign

I came up with mine when I was looking to buy a used kayak on a fishing forum. I needed something water oriented quick to get in on the yak I found. I'm a pastor in a tradition that mostly sprinkles when it baptizes but somehow SprinkleEm didn't sound quite right so DunkEm. I didn't mean for it to be permanent, but I never got around to figuring something else out.

Last edited:
Do you gas check your wad cutters? I hunted for years with a Ruger Old Army Blackpowder .45 220gr conicals over 30gr of FFF Goex. Dropped many a hog with that load. Within a reasonable range that is 35yrds no more than 50.

I did for a while. I used to think I had to. Especially with hot loads. I don't anymore.

I have been buying all my bullets from the same place for a while now and they are a prelubed beveled base bullet. I load them over a charge of 2400 that was published in manuals a long time ago but not anymore. It isn't as hot as Kieth's original load but somewhere in between what is recommended now and what he did. I have never had any issues with leading. I think the alloy composition, hardness, lube ring design and choice of lube must make a difference. The bullets I buy are actually very affordable too.

I settled on the charge I load because it seems to be accurate in all my guns.

I also picked my handle not realizing how long it would stick with me. I was trying to come up with something that was not already taken and I looked around and saw my dog laying by my side and used her nickname. I actually have been a "jeeper" for along time. I made that handle up on a different forum related to jeeps and offroading and that has carried over onto toyota forums, gun forums and knife forums. What feels really weird is that it was my dogs nickname and now she is long gone and since then it has sort of become my nickname. I like that because now she will always be with me.

I did for a while. I used to think I had to. Especially with hot loads. I don't anymore.

I have been buying all my bullets from the same place for a while now and they are a prelubed beveled base bullet. I load them over a charge of 2400 that was published in manuals a long time ago but not anymore. It isn't as hot as Kieth's original load but somewhere in between what is recommended now and what he did. I have never had any issues with leading. I think the alloy composition, hardness, lube ring design and choice of lube must make a difference. The bullets I buy are actually very affordable too.

I settled on the charge I load because it seems to be accurate in all my guns.

Just gotta love a antimony. Makes for a wonderful hardcast.

I wish my call sign was the same on all of the forums I visit. When I joined BF I selected something related to a book I was reading.

DTOM = Don't Tread On Me
1776 = Date

The book was about the period leading up to the War of Independence.

I wish my call sign was the same on all of the forums I visit. When I joined BF I selected something related to a book I was reading.

DTOM = Don't Tread On Me
1776 = Date

The book was about the period leading up to the War of Independence.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well, I'm late to the party as usual, but this thread was a lot of fun to read, both for the names and all the .357 references (caliber of my favorite revolver). How can I not chime in? I started using my name in an old shooter game called Landwarrior, where when someone killed you a big line of text popped up, "You were killed by [ ]." My sense of humor already being well established, I couldn't resist making that joke. And then it became a descriptive handle for me for the next 17 years and counting.

Mine is pronounced "tee-tan", the name that my older brother used to call me when we were younger as he couldn't pronounce my real name

I started an LLC several years ago (Lima Bravo Consulting) since it's my company and the initials of my name LimaBravo6 seemed to make sense.

I started an LLC several years ago (Lima Bravo Consulting) since it's my company and the initials of my name LimaBravo6 seemed to make sense.

It has a nice military vibe to it. I like it. Especially with the 6 on the end. 6 is the Commanders call sign. But something tells me you already know that.:thumbsup:

Mine is my "chop" from my days in the Navy with intelligence and crypto assignments for two star and three star flags.
In the old days before computers on every desk, all classified paperwork that anyone touched had to have your individual mark with name and date. At that time the only computers we had were dedicated to cyphers and codes, these were the size of small refrigerators.
In the far east, we were allowed to make up an individual "chop" that identified the owner. Mine was a little more elaborate than simple initials since it was always hand written. A paper trail was required for every message passing through our command.

Later in the "real world" I continued to use it on legal documents and reports.

Regards,
FK

Mine is my "chop" from my days in the Navy with intelligence and crypto assignments for two star and three star flags.
In the old days before computers on every desk, all classified paperwork that anyone touched had to have your individual mark with name and date. At that time the only computers we had were dedicated to cyphers and codes, these were the size of small refrigerators.
In the far east, we were allowed to make up an individual "chop" that identified the owner. Mine was a little more elaborate than simple initials since it was always hand written. A paper trail was required for every message passing through our command.

Later in the "real world" I continued to use it on legal documents and reports.

Regards,
FK

Good men die because of bad intelligence. Thank you for doing your part in providing good intell and for your Service.

Back