• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Good Medford Knife and Tool

In late October of 2018 I was looking for a Medford Praetorian Genesis T online with a certain configuration that I couldn't find. I ended up calling the company directly, and after speaking briefly with Customer Service, was transferred to Amy Medford. Amy recommended a few of their dealers I could check with, but suggested that if that didn't work they'd be glad to make me the knife in house.

When my searches failed I called the company back and placed a custom order for the knife. Customer service was easy to deal with, and sent me a confirmation order the same day. Amy Medford also called me back that evening from her personal cell to thank me for ordering from them directly. She said they would attempt to have the knife made as soon as possible, and to call her back any time with questions / concerns.

The company called me last week to confirm my current shipping address, and when there was a day's delay between customer service and shipping, they sent it UPS two day shipping so I could have it prior to a trip I had planned. All told, about five months from my original order, and customer service was again really helpful in understanding that I had a time frame in which I could receive the knife before traveling.

The knife came in perfect condition for a custom order. Extremely sharp, even grinds, dead centered. Fit and finish is spot on. Nice presentation with the Pelican case, business card with the owner's cell number, clearly stated terms and conditions regarding break-in and warranty.

Based on this experience with ordering and receiving a custom knife from Medford Knife and Tool, I have only positive feedback for the forum regarding this company.

Medford Bumper Shot.jpeg

Last edited:
From their recent feedback across various platforms, it appears Medford K&T is making big strides in both their customer relations and product quality. It's good to see.

I’m resurrecting this thread to add my positive experiences.

I just sent a knife in for service last week, and received it back within 7-10 days from day I shipped. Considering transit time, that is incredible customer service. Considering you only have to pay for return shipping, it’s an amazing after sale support process.

Also: If I ever want a knife with certain features, I send an email and within 24 hours or less Amy is sending me back a list of dealers that have recently purchased similar configurations.

What a great company. Great knives, great after sale service. I couldn’t ask for more. :cool::thumbsup:

Back