medford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thanks Shiny edges. This was my first post here in a discussion and it will be my last. You reminded my why I tend to hate forums and that I have MUCH better things to do with my life then to listen to
Blast, you edited your post. If calling out your flawed logic makes me a big meanie then oh well.

I have utilized a warranty service for a knife only once and that was for a ZT. It was an excellent experience overall, they even replaced all of the hardware (screws, washers, pocket clip) without me asking and didn't charge me a dime. I got my knife back in like new condition. I guess my point being: I do not make a habit of sending knives back for warranty services, but if I do need to, I want to be assured that I can do so hassle-free.

I have had an interest in Medford knives for awhile due to my (un)healthy fascination with overbuilt sharpened prybars but the info I've gleaned here and the steep price point has done a good job at keeping me at bay. If I am going to dump that kind of money on a knife that is supposed to be practically life-proof, then it better have an unquestionably excellent warranty.

Last edited:
Well thanks Shiny edges. This was my first post here in a discussion and it will be my last. You reminded my why I tend to hate forums and that I have MUCH better things to do with my life then to listen to morons on the internet who value their self worth by how much of a prick he can be to the new guy.
Don’t let Mr. Shinyedges get you down Mr. Atwood. He’s just full of opinions.

I agree. Im still considered "new"in the knife world. But In every other area that I am familiar with, Electronics, Cars, watches, etc. Taking the device apart voids warranties. If I owned a company that made a product, I too would not want people tinkering inside of it and then sending it back to me to be fixed when something does not work right. Stay out of it and I will warranty my work. Tinker with it and You will have to pay for my time.

PSX_20171127_191243.jpg

Hey look here's an expensive knife where the company sends you the tool to take apart the knife. If for some reason you can't put it back together, well send it to them and they'll put it together for you. Folding knives are simple things a few parts that go together in an obvious manner not complex like a car or electronics the comparison isn't really valid.

Nothing but nice things to say about these.

Last edited:
Blast, you edited your post. If calling out your flawed logic makes me a big meanie then oh well.

Thanks for keeping the gene pool clean Shiney. ;)

Edit: There is truly no greater gift you can give to a friend than roasting them.

To orig post: clunky junk.

Oh, the haterz parade continues. ;)

Today, the French guy at the lab (from France; here as a PhD student), who normally cuts his apple at lunch with one of the knives his grandfather gave him, had forgotten his knife at home. :eek:
He asked, "Do you have a knife I could use to cut my apple?"

All I had was the Medford Marauder in my pocket, but, not wanting to be a prick, I handed over the knife that costs over $1000 Canadian, since he at least knows how to cut things with a knife.
I had to explain the frame-lock, because he had not seen one of those before.

It cut the apple, although not as gracefully as a thinner blade would (the blade is 0.260" thick).
But it did the job, and he thought it was a pretty neat knife. :)

So, since it once again worked as a knife, I guess it works like a knife...odd.

Oh yeah, and since the guy got apple juice all over the blade and the handle, I just washed it in the sink with soap and water, and dried it with paper towels.
Didn't feel the urge to "field strip" it or anything...I must be doing it all wrong. :D

Oh yeah, and since the guy got apple juice all over the blade and the handle, I just washed it in the sink with soap and water, and dried it with paper towels.
Didn't feel the urge to "field strip" it or anything...I must be doing it all wrong. :D
Seems many of us are wrong on this forum Mr. Stabman. The Maurader is a cool knife.

Seems many of us are wrong on this forum Mr. Stabman. The Maurader is a cool knife.

It is a pretty cool knife. :thumbsup:
I just wish they had rounded the edges of the handle slabs more; that would have made it even better.

I have handled quite a few Medford knives.. and I will never own one. They are overpriced hot garbage if you need a knife to do what a knife is actually supposed to do.

All they are good for is taking pictures next to your expensive flashlight/pen/spinner combo of the day to post the pic on Instagram for other geeks to :thumbsup:. So if you like buying 'man jewellery' then by all means go for it.

I'm looking for an expensive flashlight/pen/spinner combo to go with my Medford. What do you recommend?

It is a pretty cool knife. :thumbsup:
I just wish they had rounded the edges of the handle slabs more; that would have made it even better.
I paid extra to get the handles contoured on my dress marauder, but that was part of a custom order.

I wonder if they would do it as an after sale service if you paid for it?

Nothing but nice things to say about these.

Last edited:
I paid extra to get the handles contoured on my dress marauder, but that was part of a custom order.

I wonder if they would do it as an after sale service if you paid for it?

It was done by Medford in house or by third party?

The Whine and Cheese behavior outside of Whine and Cheese is going to stop-
Infractions and 30 day bans are coming

Don't say you weren't warned

It was done by Medford in house or by third party?

In house by Medford. Apparently they have a 'contouring guy'. Turned out very nicely. I just asked Amy about it when I placed my order.

How do you like the midi-marauder vox801 vox801 when compared to the other medford offerings you have handled?

How do you like the midi-marauder vox801 vox801 when compared to the other medford offerings you have handled?[/QUOTE]
I like the midi. A bit of jimping would give it a better grip, but I like it.

Hey Chris!
That was my first ‘real’ knife! After I made a mess of it......I joined this mad house!!
I have gotten tons of help ever since.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Joe

A few years ago I started a thread on how to reassemble a delica lol Nothing wrong with asking for help, I got some good tips and I put that baby back together easy. Sometimes there is a technique that makes it easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back