medford

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I said I was going to hand out infractions or 30 day bans for W&C behaviour outside of W&C I meant it.

That one is 10 points.

Medford is not for me but I'm glad to learn the trick with the rubber band/teflon tape.

Re: taking your knives apart: if the Hawks can put out a youtube video showing you how to dis-and-reassemble their Deadlock OTF auto, EVERY knife warranty on earth should allow disassembly. There is no excuse.

Crazy how this brand make people so passionate about it. It's like Apple vs Windows but less civil. Or Sega vs Nintendo. At least we were sorting this one out on a Street Fighter arcade :)

I'm sad to see prominent people losing their marbles for 2 slabs of Ti and a D2 blade.

Peace and love, brothers (and sisters), no brand is worth fighting for... because no brand will fight for you, you're just another paying customer and nothing else. Only dogs will show you gratitude.

My .02 and IBTL: I can't get past the price tag for the materials used and a F&F that appears to be too blunt to my liking. On the other hand, I got more controversial and more expensive pieces so... To each their own.

Medford is not for me but I'm glad to learn the trick with the rubber band/teflon tape.

Re: taking your knives apart: if the Hawks can put out a youtube video showing you how to dis-and-reassemble their Deadlock OTF auto, EVERY knife warranty on earth should allow disassembly. There is no excuse.
I’m not sure why all knife warranties need to allow it? If you don’t agree with the warranty, don’t purchase the knife.
There are plenty that allow it. Should all warranties for one particular product be the same?

Last edited:
When it comes to pocket knives, I believe so, yes.

That is one of the central planks of my platform as I run for President of Knives. So everyone please vote for me.
Well I guess I’d vote for you. As long as I can keep my Medford’s. I do like and own other brands as well. I even disassemble them.

When it comes to pocket knives, I believe so, yes.

That is one of the central planks of my platform as I run for President of Knives. So everyone please vote for me.
Got my vote. Need a vice knife president? I must warn you, you may lose a few votes because of me...

On the topic of medford, if they changed the warranty and became reasonably priced I would get one.

Last edited:
Today, I brought another knife along for in case the French guy forgot his knife again:

wjY85GN.jpg

You see, there is a little known secret about knives...you are allowed to like and own more than one type. ;)

On the topic of medford, if they changed the warranty and became reasonably priced I would get one.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on some of their prices. They’re a tad high.

On the topic of medford, if they changed the warranty and became reasonably priced I would get one.

I agree with you on some of their prices. They’re a tad high.[/QUOTE]

I’d also agree.

Having said that, standing on the sidelines of Medford vs. The World, which is a situation largely created by Greg Medford’s YT output, he does seem to be fairly obsessive about detail. To me, that is a good thing. I enjoyed one video he did, demonstrating the rough grinding of a Praetorian; it was a pleasure to watch.

I’m not against overbuilt folders, I own and adore a BM 275. But at those prices, I’ll have to leave the kick of mucking about with a Medford to others. They make some very striking looking knives, if not the most practical for most users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back