Medford

HWF

Gold Member
Merry Christmas Eve BF!

I’m looking for a recommendation from people who have owned/handled the Medford slim midi marauder and the 187 dp. I’m looking at getting one of these but can’t decide. Both from DLT, one has S35 and the other S90.

I’m well aware of all the standard Medford hate but these two models are calling to me and I must try. I searched but only came up with a couple decent threads and nothing that is recent.

Anyone have any experience with these? What would you pick? Thanks guys.

Pics for attention:

5121646A-202D-431C-8E5A-A1FE61003B08.jpeg
9EB51848-3C73-4D30-B2C1-A9B9D28A9E26.jpeg

I have a 187F. Definitely the best flipper I own. Rock solid in the 4 years I have had it. With the two models you lost I would not get hung up on the steel and would go with the best price since they are similar in size and shape.

Reactions: HWF
I admit I'm not a Medford fan but those two designs look good. I like the top one with thumb oval better.

Thanks for the replies guys. I like the 187 as well, I hate making these decisions, ha!

I've owned a 187 DP (a G10/Ti version), and I wound up selling it. My example had a very strong detent which I would eventually have gotten used to, but I didn't like the implementation of the pocket clip. It's a small thing, but I'm a ruthless collection-pruner. ;)

Edited to add: There are a bunch of "generations" of Medfords, with many variations on pocket clips. The photo you included is of a newer 187 DP than mine, so take my quibbles with a grain of salt.

I did love everything else about it: the smooth, hydraulic Medford action; the fit and finish, the delightfully excessive thickness of both handle and blade; and the overall blade profile, which slices better than one might expect.

I like the 187 as well and have a few.
Might let this one go....
1jQabKV.jpg

Barman1 Barman1

How does Medford do with the s90v? Notice any chipping or? Edge retention seem on par? I get tempted to buy a Medford everytime I see a pic of one, but they are a lot of money. They look super nice.

Barman1 Barman1

How does Medford do with the s90v? Notice any chipping or? Edge retention seem on par? I get tempted to buy a Medford everytime I see a pic of one, but they are a lot of money. They look super nice.
My S90V was a bear to reprofile the edge but it's a great improvement being a little thinner behind the edge.
No chipping and is nice and toothy.

You guys are making me lean towards the 187. Man that’s a looker Barman1 Barman1 !

Thanks for the replies guys I appreciate y’all. This is a tough decision for sure.

I’m for the slim midi marauder. Not even close between the two for my tastes.

Back