Medium Choppa thread!!

XG5BPsB.jpg

F9hm4Lm.jpg

Busse and CPK knives go well together !

I currently have 2 MC’s on the pre-order thread, and I noticed most people have opted for heavy duty. I was leaning that way myself, since I have 2 LC’s currently and the HDMC seems like a bigger difference for a heavier duty camp/survival knife. What’s the consensus from people who currently have a regular MC?

I currently have 2 MC’s on the pre-order thread, and I noticed most people have opted for heavy duty. I was leaning that way myself, since I have 2 LC’s currently and the HDMC seems like a bigger difference for a heavier duty camp/survival knife. What’s the consensus from people who currently have a regular MC?

I have the medium chopper, but do not have one of the HC protos or my BCs for comparison yet. The production Medium Choppers are fantastic IMO...well balanced, splits wood nicely but still very good to swing and bites deep. The HDMC is high on my want list because of the curiosity factor, but the timing was wrong for me on this preorder. I think it will be hard to say because no one has the production HDMC for comparison yet.

Just get 1 of each:thumbsup:Problem Solved! Weight 23 oz HC vs 21 oz for MC is not enough of a difference IMO to be concerned about, The HC is simply more Robust (Strength of the blade will endure more punishment) because of the stock .25 for the HC vs .22 for the Medium.
Edit: Here is a comparison between the MC and BC (Note BC and HDMC suppose to Have identical thickness-.25) MC on the left, BC on the right;) Hope this helps
EDIT: The HDMC also has taller grinds, and a smaller fuller! Translation-The HDMC and MC are not the Same
rv9QZ2Z.jpg

Last edited:
Back