Medium Choppa thread!!

I guess it just means that if I sell one my HC protos, I'll need to go into one helluva lotta extra detail trying to explain why the HC Prototype Heavy Chopper is not the same as an HDMC Heavy Chopper - and why it matters. There goes any chance for a short, simple listing, lol.

Yeah, some of the names/acronyms are confusing for newbs and even folks who aren't CPK forum regulars.

Even though the HDMC is technically the heaviest duty CPK chopper (and thicker than even the original HC), since the HC moniker was already used, it's just easier to continue calling it the HDMC.

Likewise, I prefer using the name FK2, as folks get the UF and UFK confused (as witnessed in the recent for sale thread, where a potential buyer thought a UFK/FK2 was a UF).

P.S.
As the brand continues to expand and grow, especially for newbs to CPK, between learning about how the Sales vs Preorders work etc. I'm inclined to think the camel's back will be thankful for fewer straws to add confusion.

Why not simply call it the HC2?
Similar to the names of successive field knives and EDC.

The prototype HC could be considered the prototype for the HC1 which wasn't produced. The prototype HC probably couldn't be considered the prototype for this knife as I am sure things changed directions between them.

Why not simply call it the HC2?
Similar to the names of successive field knives and EDC.

The prototype HC could be considered the prototype for the HC1 which wasn't produced. The prototype HC probably couldn't be considered the prototype for this knife as I am sure things changed directions between them.
-
I had this same thought as well, an easy fix to name it HC1. Makes the most sense out of all the possibilities, and the easiest fix, a simple website fix, changing the model from HC to HC1 - except the otherwise HC2 is already the HDMC - such is life, a series of confusing confusions.

228E2794-9AA5-4B7F-A7E7-6E80ED85FE44.jpeg Feeling foolish... First blood drawn within about 10 minutes of unboxing... lopped off some stems from a trunk out front and tried wiping the sap from the blade. Didn’t count on the damn thing slicing through a wadded kitchen paper with almost no pressure! Also I might have not have been giving it my undivided attention and respect...
Went a bit deep so I was gluing it closed and then took a phone call so now it’s dried on. Any tips for (safe!) removal of dried sap??

View attachment 1163432 Feeling foolish... First blood drawn within about 10 minutes of unboxing... lopped off some stems from a trunk out front and tried wiping the sap from the blade. Didn’t count on the damn thing slicing through a wadded kitchen paper with almost no pressure! Also I might have not have been giving it my undivided attention and respect...
Went a bit deep so I was gluing it closed and then took a phone call so now it’s dried on. Any tips for (safe!) removal of dried sap??
Soap and warm water, wipe down with a rag. Followed by mineral oil and wipe down.

View attachment 1163432 Feeling foolish... First blood drawn within about 10 minutes of unboxing... lopped off some stems from a trunk out front and tried wiping the sap from the blade. Didn’t count on the damn thing slicing through a wadded kitchen paper with almost no pressure! Also I might have not have been giving it my undivided attention and respect...
Any solvent will remove gummy substances easily. Zippo lighter fluid works really well.

When my brother and I were kids, we used to climb trees a lot. When we got sap all over our hands, we used kerosene lol. Probably some hazards to that.

Back