Medium Choppa thread!!

I can tell you once you get around to using it ... it's even more impressive!

Congrats on your first CPK ... and the handle does look great I considered it but have my sets matched ... well all but one I'm waiting for someone to be willing to part with specific set of scales.
Thanks! Hopefully will get some use soon :thumbsup: Just handling it I have a VERY GOOD idea this Knife and I will get along perfectly :D I can't stop checking it out :)

Any pics of the tang ?
Did someone remove the handles to check under them ?
I removed the scales on my MC to put some mineral oil under em . It has a skeleton tang and very handsomely done . I didn't take a pic :D But I did notice the standoffs are different 3 lengths and holding the edge downward the 3 screws come out on the right side less to drop and poss loss with the other 3 red loctited in :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Notable exception (just because I say it's notable doesn't make it notable, I will concede) is the D2 Skinner. Off topic, but there you have it.

I had totally forgotten about the Potato Knife which Nathan has already mentioned as one which didn’t come with skeletonized handles but for some reason I had mistakenlythought that the D2-Skinner had something going on in the handles. Thanks for the correction.

Thanks
I was concerned that the knife mY have been handle heavy but the skeletonizing probably helps alot with the bakance as a chopper

I removed the scales on my MC to put some mineral oil under em . It has a skeleton tang and very handsomely done . I didn't take a pic :D But I did notice the standoffs are different 3 lengths and holding the edge downward the 3 screws come out on the right side less to drop and poss loss with the other 3 red loctited in :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Anyone running the Ti hardware on the MC have a bit more protrusion on the bolts than with the standard hardware? The middle and rear ones seem fine but the top has a little bit of exposed edge of the bolt. I didn’t want to crank them down too tight (20-22in/lbs)*

Anyone running the Ti hardware on the MC have a bit more protrusion on the bolts than with the standard hardware? The middle and rear ones seem fine but the top has a little bit of exposed edge of the bolt. I didn’t want to crank them down too tight (20-22in/lbs)*

The titanium screws have larger heads. We run the counter sinks a little deeper for scales that are getting titanium. if you got a knife from us with screws that aren't flush we messed up and need to figure out how to make it right.

The titanium screws have larger heads. We run the counter sinks a little deeper for scales that are getting titanium. if you got a knife from us with screws that aren't flush we messed up and need to figure out how to make it right.

I re did them with the shortest insert at the top; still the same result. No worries on this Nathan as I ordered the screws separate or at least didn’t specify that I would run the Ti. It isn’t a deal breaker or anything major, you can just feel the protruding head a bit so going to stick with the standard screws. At first I didn’t realize they were larger diameter until I just compared them here*

Look so similar but yet feel completely different in the hand - MC vs HDMC

48556857951_2943596137_k_d.jpg

48556996537_fbf63e9dba_k_d.jpg

Which one do you prefer? I am leaning towards the MC.

I have both now too ... I am not positive if I had to pick just which I would go with ...

as similar as they are ... they are very different blades for sure ...

I think the MC would be my choice if I wasn't considering anything but those two knives ...

but since I love the HDFK so much I might go with the HDMC ... only because the HDFK can do quite a bit of what the MC can ...

but luckily I don't have to pick ... and either will do absolutely anything I can ever foresee me wanting to do with them ... but the MC is a pleasure to swing for an extended period of time ... I can see the HDMC maybe causing some fatigue swinging it for a long period.

But ya just gotta love both of them along with all my CPKs ... they could pretty much replaced 90% of my other fixed blades ...

but ya can't have my BK5s or BK15s!!! ... lol

Back