Medium Choppa thread!!

A closer look at the handle
IMG_20180325_31347.jpg

More direct on shot than the the previous one I posted
IMG_20180325_261.jpg

@Nystagmus nailed it with the description. The heft leans itself forward but with your grip up front you're still in total control. Slide your hand back let the swell of the handle fill your Palm and immediately you get the urge to swing it. I like how the butt of the knife presses up against your hand reassuring you it won't let go. However I really like that its not so big that it distorts the grip from the center of the palm. Its like 2 handles in one.

Got this little guy today and my first thought was literally, "jackpot!" I'll try to get some better picks outside when it stops raining.

A few random thoughts:
-The handle feels thicker than the LC
-I feel a pronounced transition in handle feel from choking up toward the blade to holding toward the end for chopping. It feels very intentional and very natural. I feel it also on the LC, but on this one the transition feels more pronounced. It seems caveman proof especially for me: Put hand here for cutting. Put hand there for chopping. Now smash things...
-Playing around with it, it wants to jump out of my hand and chop.
-The 1311 feels like it has a chump handle now. Spoiled by the design, ingenuity and execution of the CPK team.

Anyway, I really like it (understatement). I'l try to get some more pics and thoughts once I use it a little.

Thanks again everyone at CPK! You guys are amazing!

Can't get a decent pic with my phone right now, but I noticed the logo and D3V milling on my MC is much finer than my BC and how I remember my LC...looks like the bit was mabye half the diameter. Almost looks like an actual signature:).
Screenshot_20180325-125746.png

Screenshot_20180325-125802.png

And just because...;)
Screenshot_20180325-124855~2.png

~Chip

I wish i had a MC
images

Got mine yesterday! Good sized blade, it’s gonna work well. I dig the handle shape and how the blade is similar to the HDFK, going to have to compare it to my Busse CG Fusion Battle Mistress.

I was hoping it would say “prototype” for the collectible factor.

I do need a sheath asap or it will sit around like my Busse knives.

I’d be in for one from Mashedcat.

I’m interested to hear how it compares to the FBM. I have a NMFBM and am curious how the compare. Keep us updated.

Well, as soon as mine gets here, I'll be the first to thrash it through some hardwoods somewhere!

So far I've only toppled :D a buckthorn at the girlfriend's house. We plan on putting in a patio/grilling area and that damn invasive bastard stood in the way.

Hoping to get out tomorrow or Tuesday for some proper thumping.

I think you're really going to like the contouring on the scales.

So far I've only toppled :D a buckthorn at the girlfriend's house. We plan on putting in a patio/grilling area and that damn invasive bastard stood in the way.

Hoping to get out tomorrow or Tuesday for some proper thumping.

I think you're really going to like the contouring on the scales.

Good stuff. Be sure to post lots of pics...to hold me over! What are you carrying your MC in right now?

The BC and MC are sharing the sheath I sent the BC to you in. I'm going to pick up a mashed cat once they're available.

Constantly swapping sheaths is for the birds

I figured I'd go ahead and get my sheath made for mine, so it will be ready to go as soon as I get it!

With the handles being virtually identical it's nice that I can use my BC sheath but I'll be whipping something out on my next days off. I think I might order some OD Green Kydex ;).

~Chip

Congrats (almost) Uncle Matty;) Definitely subtle differences between the LC and MC (Blade profile and handles) Seems like i remember Nathan saying the BC was just a tad short of 2 inches (width) wonder if the MC is also? Has anybody measured the Width? Regardless, Now I really WANT ONE:mad: Congrats to everyone who has gotten, or will be getting this beauty:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Congrats (almost) Uncle Matty;) Definitely subtle differences between the LC and MC (Blade profile and handles) Seems like i remember Nathan saying the BC was just a tad short of 2 inches (width) wonder if the MC is also? Has anybody measured the Width? Regardless, Now I really WANT ONE:mad: Congrats to everyone who has gotten, or will be getting this beauty:thumbsup:

You know Tommy, you, me and Grog are all brothers from different mothers ;) "our" MC is right now with Lil Bro Grog :D

I'm sure that Dan can measure all these once he's more caught up. Judging by the WIP photos which he sends me once in a while, he's been going gangbusters lately finishing up a whole bunch of sheaths for our other CPK-brethren :thumbsup:

Here you go Tommy. Hope that helps.
IMG_20180326_44370.jpg

^^^Thank you untytled:thumbsup: Looks like to me the Blade width is about the same width as the BC-Just under 2 inches (1 3/4?) Nice.

Back