Medium Choppa thread!!

Technical difficulties. Not good with tech/software/etc. Gonna see if I can email someone the pictures and videos so they can post them. Apologies for the delays. Keeps saying the files are too large for the server.

Technical difficulties. Not good with tech/software/etc. Gonna see if I can email someone the pictures and videos so they can post them. Apologies for the delays. Keeps saying the files are too large for the server.
If you use a Windows pc, you should be able to edit the pictures in Paint. Open the pictures in paint, and then click on resize. Resize by pixel. Set the maximum pixel dimension to 1200 and it will automatically scale the other dimension. Then the pictures will upload no problem. The BladeForums server has trouble with resizing larger pixel sizes, but I have never had trouble with a 1200 pixel image.

Also, if you upload the images to your personal image gallery, then you can easily plop them into any relevant post using the Media Gallery Embed button like so:
View media item 2911
The picture system isn't the easiest, but ever since the upgrade you have a lot more options as a Gold Member.

ATJ999 ATJ999 really went out and chopped a freakin' pine tree down with his MC! lol Now that's what I'm talking about, way to get out there and test your stuff and build some confidence with your gear! Here are your pics...I'll take a look at your videos now.

B8iRD1d.jpg

6G6sCWd.jpg

fB4cwu0.jpg

4qlOZrm.jpg

bzbXfRl.jpg

ZqecPqK.jpg

m6RC0mN.jpg

bzbXfRl.jpg

Y1fv0C6.jpg

ATJ999 ATJ999
Great pics! Would love to see the videos. Maybe Nathan would be interested in posting them on his YouTube account.
On the one hand, I can't wait for this preorder. On the other hand, I need more time to save. Solace is found when I remember I'm already on the BC preorder. But the MC... I need a MC!

Last edited:
Great pics brutha!!

I NEED a MC in my life!!!
I may have to consider trading my second HDFK with antique edge cut micarta!!!

I am going to make little devise to hold my iPod today so I can stick it in the ground and film wherever. Thinking some of the bamboo here and a rubber medical tourniquet band or large rubber band. I'll figure it out.
I'll do some side by side LC, MC, HDFK comparisons if I have time. Could also do some pitchwood/sapwood/fatwood processing, bamboo chopping, or seasoned wood chopping.
Thanks A LOT 91bravo 91bravo for posting all these! I gotta figure it out one of these days!

Anybody feeling frisky and want to compare MC vs. LC scales for me? I'm thinking of picking up another pair of OD MC scales in case I reacquire another LC in the future;). They fit the BC without too much trouble :).

~Chip

Last edited:
Anybody feeling frisky and want to compare MC vs. LC scales for me? I'm thinking of picking up another pair of OD MC scales in case I reacquire another LC in the future;). They fit the BC without too much trouble :).

~Chip
Yeah, I did that today. I compared the MC, LC, and HDFK. For some reason I am having trouble sending them in email form to bravo. Still trying to work it out. Maybe I'll set up a youtube account and go that route
Scratch that! I read that too quickly, thought you were asking for a comparison video of chopping.

Last edited:
Yeah, I did that today. I compared the MC, LC, and HDFK. For some reason I am having trouble sending them in email form to bravo. Still trying to work it out. Maybe I'll set up a youtube account and go that route
Scratch that! I read that too quickly, thought you were asking for a comparison video of chopping.

If you did a comparison video between all of those knives please post it! I would love to see that along with many other members I am sure.

Back