Medium Choppa thread!!

We are working on continuing to improve our output and efficiency. There is nothing I'd like more than to do a run of MC (and perhaps a few HC based upon the same pattern) but that big knife runs on the Mori's and they're filled with BCs right now, and that big honkin knife runs slow. We will bring a few of the BC prototypes to Atlanta and I'll probably offer one here tomorrow in a fun Friday sale, but I expect it will be the end of the year when the BC are winding down before we could consider another chopper pre-order. Don't want too many irons in the fire, might drop something...

Makes sense !

The HC?

We are working on continuing to improve our output and efficiency. There is nothing I'd like more than to do a run of MC (and perhaps a few HC based upon the same pattern) but that big knife runs on the Mori's and they're filled with BCs right now, and that big honkin knife runs slow. We will bring a few of the BC prototypes to Atlanta and I'll probably offer one here tomorrow in a fun Friday sale, but I expect it will be the end of the year when the BC are winding down before we could consider another chopper pre-order. Don't want too many irons in the fire, might drop something...

I’ll have to go back to the much older sales threads to dig up the exact stats but the original HC had approx 10” BL and weighed about the same as the BC. I think that it was a .25 thick blade.

NEWS FLASH *** According to the CPK-FB posting about 35 mins ago, there will be ONE MC on offer for Fun Friday's sale today at 3:00 PM... Source is Carothers Performance Knives FaceBook aka Momma NinJo's stumping ground (the other one away from here!).

NEWS FLASH *** According to the CPK-FB posting about 35 mins ago, there will be ONE MC on offer for Fun Friday's sale today at 3:00 PM... Source is Carothers Performance Knives FaceBook aka Momma NinJo's stumping ground (the other one away from here!).

20180525_123730.jpg

Does anyone have the blade height measurement/comparison photo between the LC and MC? I remember the MC about 1 15/16" wide from the start of this thread but couldn't find the LC height.

Thanks,
Andy

NgyebEP.jpg

I recently acquired an O.D. Green handled MC at the Blade '18 Show! Shown here next to my LC. It was nice to see both Nathan and Jo at Blade and as kind of a treat while visiting with them on Saturday I got to check out and handle one of Jo's Competition Choppers as well as her rare "special project" BC :thumbsup: :cool: (acid washed and swedged with racing profile grind) that was made for the "Knife or Death" TV show competition.

2v2JTQZijxAhvqS.jpg

Back